New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ah haha! eh pano pag ayaw tmakbo ng kotse? palit kotse?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang sigruo yan at least parts ang pinapalitan nila, eh paano kung gusto nila palitan ang driver?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to my brother, the repairs done to his CRV * SPEEDYFIX:

by-pass hose = P300
    radiator fan motor = P2000
    Labor = P600

TOTAL = P2900.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 24th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would have been interesting if your bro also got a quotation from Rapide to form a comparison. :P

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It would have been interesting if your bro also got a quotation from Rapide to form a comparison. :P
    My brother was trying to get his CRV fixed. He is not doing a price/service survey.

Anyway, we all know how bad Rapide is, so why bother waste time there?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My brother was trying to get his CRV fixed. He is not doing a price/service survey.

Anyway, we all know how bad Rapide is, so why bother waste time there?
    vinj was being sarcastic. Hehehe.

Anyway, when the warranty of the Honda I bought years ago expired, never na ako bumalik sa casa. I have a fantastic mechanic for my Honda and old school Corolla. Wala na akong sakit ng ulo sa pagpapaayos at laki pa ng tipid ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update:

My brother went back after a week and let the people at HONDA Shaw check for any problems. They did a cylinder compression test using some sort of pump and pressure gauge. According to my brother, the mechanic pumped it up to 200 (not sure of psi or what but that is the number he mentioned) and the test setup went "pppffffttt!" (sudden pressure released)

Based on that, the mechanic said the engine would need an overhaul. My brother didn't agree.

And this was already a week of running the CRV after it was fixed at SPEEDFIX. No problems nor anything irregular during that week.

Pointing to the CRV (same model) beside his, he said to test the other CRV which was ready for release. At around 200, it also went "pppffffttt!"

And still the mechanic insisted my brother's CRV needed an expensive engine overhaul.

--------

Later, my brother called up Honda Shaw on what Honda can do to "correct" to him of their wrong diagnosis and a potential repair bill costing P30,000.00 which wouldn't even solve the problem because the listed parts didn't include the by-pass hose.

He also mentioned that he has been a long loyal customer of Honda cars. The last FOUR cars he purchased were Honda vehicles and all bought from Honda Shaw. All serviced regularly at Honda Shaw as well.

Honda's response, "free regular motor oil on your next tune-up and oil change."
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 14th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bad ang experiences ko BOTH sa honda shaw at sa speedyfix.

honda shaw
    =========
    ok nababasa kong feedback about this casa before. sa una aakalain mo professional ang service. courteous ang mga empleyadong babati sa iyo. nagpaayos ako diyan ng aircon ng gen 2 cr-v. i specifically explained to the service advisor na linis evaporator ang usually pinapagawa ko para maayos, plus sa kanila ako kukuha ng cabin filter. kung anu-ano dinamay pati condenser fan motor, hindi naman naayos ung problema. ung binanggit kong linis evaporator, i found out hindi ginawa! after some days of downtime, time to get the car out of honda shaw. noong magbabayad na ako, may double entry ung isang part worth around 500 pesos, so pinaayos ko ung computation. took me a lunch break of around 3 hours just to get the car out of the casa. madaya talaga, especially Srv. Advisor Allan Mendoza--don't know if he still works there. hindi na ako magtitiwala sa casang ito.

speedyfix
    =======
    nagpaayos ako ng oil leak ng corona. marami pinapalit, oil sending unit (later learned na hindi ko naman kailangan magpalit nito--i was even charged labor of php300 for this kahit simpleng pihit lang pagkabit nito), ung gaskets sa spark plugs, ung nabali nilang pcv grommet etc... diagnosis pa nila na may leak ung transmission oil so kailangan ko daw magpapalit ng gear oil. nung pinabuksan ko ung filler hole, puno pa! above the level of the filler hole meaning there was no tranny oil leak. nawala pa nila ung isang bolt ng metal stopper sa ilalim (ung bakal sa gitna na unang tumatama pag sasayad ung ilalim ng sasakyan). pinalitan na lang nila ng same-sized bolt from their parts bin. sinabihan ko pa ung isang mekaniko nila kasi binubunot niya ung parang buhok sa sidewall ng goma ko (medyo bago pa) habang naka-lift yung oto. sa oil pump pala ang leak; pinaayos ko na lang kay servitek dito sa may amin. hay salamat po, no more leaks!
    Last edited by onewaytrip; July 15th, 2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: additional info

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    alam naman ng lahat na ganiyan sa casa bakit pilit pang ibinabalik dun?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nag dadalawang isip tuloy ako kung bibili pa ako ng honda jazz dahil sa mga casa ng honda...

any comments sa honda dagupan? yun lang kasi ang malapit na honda dito sa baguio eh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Shaw - What the F#ck?!?