New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    The problem with warning shots in the air is the bullet comes down. What happens if that bullets hits someone on it's way down? Now you may have injured or killed someone not even remotely aware of what is happening to you, in other words an innocent party. From personal experience I've had a bullet hole on my car hood because some idiot found it smart to fire their gun in the air for New Years. If that was my head it struck I would be dead.
    It's the reason why LEO's or anyone for that matter should not give warning shots. You draw your weapon not to kill but to stop the threat and if that means they die then so be it. You aim for center mass to stop the threat nothing more nothing less. I don't know about the Philippines but that is what we are trained to do and that means being prepared to take a life to save my own. As the saying for LEO's here goes "It's better to judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Good job none the less for trying to help someone you thought to be in need. You probably still should have reported it though because if it was a real accident victim then you can still be blamed for it if they got your plates. The family can then change the story that you shot at them with your gun while they tried to help their relative.
    Yun lang, baka lang sa stray bullet may madadamay. God help me nalang, i have done what i think is right and maybe God is kind and good not to let anyone got hit by my bullet because he knows that my intentions are clean and my intentions are only to help...
    Now, why i didn't report this to the police, im very much disgruntled with the situation, in good faith i was willing to help, but what i got? we almost got ourselves getting mauled, beaten or worst get killed. I am a civilain not LEO.. But im prepared to hit the 2 Alpha if the man advances. Never think twice.
    O.T.
    SOME Law Enforcement Officers in the Phil. are Idiots, doesn't know the meaning of Rules of Engagement, my fellow Filipinos know this. they fire their guns to who ever moves, good in Rub-outs este shoot-out pala.
    Never think before hand is that the target? Have i killed a criminal or civilian? maybe napatay ko pala mag-ama sa crosswind?
    I have shared this experience to my fellow tsikoteers to give them a Heads-up(WARNING) to that place, not to be criticized by anyone. You were not there or at least i think what i did was right...
    I have many friends in the police and military, non-commisioned officers, officials, enlisted men, even Generals, yes..
    Situations like that, peanut.. never think twice, FIRE!!!!no value of life.
    For me, i value life. Whoever, wherever, whenever!
    I have no license to kill just like LEO's, but i have the right to help.
    SORRY.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kapag ba may armas din kalaban tapos barilan kayo, ano gagawin mo to gain advantage, karamihan kasi nakikita ko barilan parehas patay eh.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    Kapag ba may armas din kalaban tapos barilan kayo, ano gagawin mo to gain advantage, karamihan kasi nakikita ko barilan parehas patay eh.
    That's where your training comes in. Unahan bumunot at pagbunot, pagalingan umasinta.

I noticed that most newbies aim too high or too low. Pag familiar ka sa firearm mo, isang bala lang kailangan mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo OT and, sorry to say this, but in da 'Pinas, people have a very low opinion of LEOs, in general. Why? Incompetent at investigating crimes (be it homicide, rape, estafa, you name it), save for a few, generally bad marksmanship skills, poor judgment in handling hostage situations and even poorer in crowd control situations.

They can't be expected to handle evidence properly or present evidence in courts which is why a lot of criminal cases, especially against drug suspects, get thrown out. Believe me, its a fair assessment of our PNP.

Back On-topic:

Anyone of us would be hard-pressed to second guess the TS on what he did when faced with that encounter. If asked by the police, I'd say I shot at the perpetrators but "intentionally missed" to give them an opportunity to withdraw. But, their intentions to do grave harm or injury were very clear and if there were any second chances, the suspects would each be getting 2 hits, center mass.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    well, God helps sa unang tatamaan nalang.. Siguro naman more than a decade of shooting competitions i've played, if you give me a just a second to aim at them, 100% 2 alpha ang hit ko.. and to tell you this is my fourth encounter, last encounter ko mga akyat bahay naman, armed with .38cal revolver(PALTIK). as in barilan talaga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    That's where your training comes in. Unahan bumunot at pagbunot, pagalingan umasinta.

I noticed that most newbies aim too high or too low. Pag familiar ka sa firearm mo, isang bala lang kailangan mo.
    Thats correct. for us gun club members kasi nasanay na kami sa "Double-Tap" sa board and i shot sa steel poppers and plates. For us kasi we do not aim sa head, we aim always sa middle. 2 alpha!!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Medyo OT and, sorry to say this, but in da 'Pinas, people have a very low opinion of LEOs, in general. Why? Incompetent at investigating crimes (be it homicide, rape, estafa, you name it), save for a few, generally bad marksmanship skills, poor judgment in handling hostage situations and even poorer in crowd control situations.

They can't be expected to handle evidence properly or present evidence in courts which is why a lot of criminal cases, especially against drug suspects, get thrown out. Believe me, its a fair assessment of our PNP.

Back On-topic:

Anyone of us would be hard-pressed to second guess the TS on what he did when faced with that encounter. If asked by the police, I'd say I shot at the perpetrators but "intentionally missed" to give them an opportunity to withdraw. But, their intentions to do grave harm or injury were very clear and if there were any second chances, the suspects would each be getting 2 hits, center mass.
    YES bro exactly... Most LEO's here dont even know/memorize the Miranda Law. We all know the capabilities of our LEO's kuno here in the 'Pinas. I will give them a motto... KILL FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER.

Back on Topic:
    Kung madatnan kami ng mga Pulis sa scene, well very good, ok lang..
    I have nothing to hide naman, I will show them proof of who am i, what club am i in to, PTCFOR. Siguro naman after seeing my surname, they will ask kung sino ako..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCuadro View Post
    Yun lang, baka lang sa stray bullet may madadamay. God help me nalang, i have done what i think is right and maybe God is kind and good not to let anyone got hit by my bullet because he knows that my intentions are clean and my intentions are only to help...
    Now, why i didn't report this to the police, im very much disgruntled with the situation, in good faith i was willing to help, but what i got? we almost got ourselves getting mauled, beaten or worst get killed. I am a civilain not LEO.. But im prepared to hit the 2 Alpha if the man advances. Never think twice.
    O.T.
    SOME Law Enforcement Officers in the Phil. are Idiots, doesn't know the meaning of Rules of Engagement, my fellow Filipinos know this. they fire their guns to who ever moves, good in Rub-outs este shoot-out pala.
    Never think before hand is that the target? Have i killed a criminal or civilian? maybe napatay ko pala mag-ama sa crosswind?
    I have shared this experience to my fellow tsikoteers to give them a Heads-up(WARNING) to that place, not to be criticized by anyone. You were not there or at least i think what i did was right...
    I have many friends in the police and military, non-commisioned officers, officials, enlisted men, even Generals, yes..
    Situations like that, peanut.. never think twice, FIRE!!!!no value of life.
    For me, i value life. Whoever, wherever, whenever!
    I have no license to kill just like LEO's, but i have the right to help.
    SORRY.
    My post wasn't to insult or be critical of you but since you fired a round out of your weapon you have to account for where it goes. If you are faced with any situation analysis of how you handled it should be done after the fact so you may better handle it in the future should you face it again, it's how training scenerios come about. Your right I wasn't there and maybe I resort to how I am trained faced with the same. But your situation does show that if you pull a gun it should be a last resort and the person has to be ready to take a life because showing the gun doesn't always end the threat.

It's good that you value life as you should, and you should value yours more than the person intent to do you harm. But if that round you discharged in your warning shot hit a child how would that make you feel? The people you mentioned who would have no problem shooting the person resort to the training and that's why they do it and not because they don't value life. BTW LEO's don't have a license to kill even in the Philippines contrary to what everyone there thinks. As far as LEO's being corrupt in the in the Philippines that's whole other issue and you won't get any disagreement from me, hard as it may be to admit coming from a family of soldiers and LEO in the Philippines and the US.
    Last edited by redorange; August 25th, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Get cover behind a car, a wall, anywhere that can help stop a bullet. If you don't get cover you end up like what you see, both parties dead.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    My post wasn't to insult or be critical of you but since you fired a round out of your weapon you have to account for where it goes. If you are faced with any situation analysis of how you handled it should be done after the fact so you may better handle it in the future should you face it again, it's how training scenerios come about. Your right I wasn't there and maybe I resort to how I am trained faced with the same. But your situation does show that if you pull a gun it should be a last resort and the person has to be ready to take a life because showing the gun doesn't always end the threat.

It's good that you value life as you should, and you should value yours more than the person intent to do you harm. But if that round you discharged in your warning shot hit a child how would that make you feel? The people you mentioned who would have no problem shooting the person resort to the training and that's why they do it and not because they don't value life. BTW LEO's don't have a license to kill even in the Philippines contrary to what everyone there thinks. As far as LEO's being corrupt in the in the Philippines that's whole other issue and you won't get any disagreement from me, hard as it may be to admit coming from a family of soldiers and LEO in the Philippines and the US.
    Kaya nga bro i said God is good naman he knows where my bullet should go,
    and he wil not let my anyone got hit by my bullet.
    Same here din sakin. we're a family of policeman and military. My father is a PMA graduate. Retired maj.gen. His brother, Westpoint graduate, very popular here during his time. My older brother PMA graduate now colonel and as Provincial Director in a Province. my younger brother PMA graduate 2nd Lt now chief in a municipality here. Me, Businessman, gun collector, gun club member. my other uncles are in PNP. I know the "Kalakaran" sa mga encounters. But there are still good PNP and AFP guys out there..
    Let's cut the situation short, lumalayo na eh.
    As i have said earlier, God is good. My bullet didn't hit anything..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Holdapers at New Antipolo st. galing ka Chinese Gen.Hospital