New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    im always using my hazard light pag malakas ang ulan, para visible sa kasunod mo

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    is it ok to use them when backing up into a busy road (from a parking space)? i picked up that habit fairly recently from watching my friends do that. do ko gawain dati iyon kasi eh
    personally yes, it's one way of informing oncoming vehicles and pedestrians
    of you intention.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i use hazard lights when:

- pag malakas ang ulan at hindi na visible ang road dahil sa ulan, i use hazard lights ang turn my headlights on para malaman ng mga cars sa likod ko na nasa road ako.. safety purpose nga..

- while on the side of the road, for example, drop off a friend at may isasakay ako.. or waiting sa parking..

- while back up sa parking area, mas visible kse yung hazard lights kesa sa back up lights pag sa mga alanganin roads ka umaatras..

- on emergency situations.

- at syempre, pag nasiraan ako sa road, hazzard light on..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    "Snake driving sa daan" and using your hazard lights just so your wife won't be late is an accident waiting to happen. It's not a real emergency.

For me, hindi bale ng ma-late ang misis ko, wag lang akong maka-abala sa iba. Drive safe, everyone!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa akin for emergency purposes lang ang hazard light ko.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    People snaking their way with hazard lights on? I just let them all pass. My ego can get over that after a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BRROOOMMMM View Post
    im always using my hazard light pag malakas ang ulan, para visible sa kasunod mo
    Don't do that, it actually makes it harder for other motorists to see where you are. It's hard to estimate the position and speed of two blinking lights in the rain! You also lose the use of your turn signals, which is doubly important when visibility is low.

Instead, turn on your REGULAR lamps.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sa akin ang hazard light for emergency purposes lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ok lang ma-late bro, huwag lang maka-aksidente. Ginagamit lang yung hazzard light pag stalled ang vehicle. Me nakikita ako gumagamit din yan pag me libing..
    Pag me-ulan naman, medyo nakakasilaw pag naka sunod ka na naka hazzard, i think it is enought just to turn your headlights on during rain.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember a relative from the abroad telling me that it was only in the Philippines where they see people turning on their hazard lights during the rain... for me using the park lights and headlights are sufficient enough.

Use it when:
    - life and death situation
    - stalled on the road or stopped at a location/zone where you're not supposed to be for one reason or another; when you are a "hazard" to normal traffic flow ika nga...

My .02

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    People snaking their way with hazard lights on? I just let them all pass. My ego can get over that after a moment.

Don't do that, it actually makes it harder for other motorists to see where you are. It's hard to estimate the position and speed of two blinking lights in the rain! You also lose the use of your turn signals, which is doubly important when visibility is low.

Instead, turn on your REGULAR lamps.

bro, for me, mas visible kse pag nka hazard lights ka especially pag umuulan ng malakas at malabo ang daan syempre with my regular lights on..

pansin ko kase sa ibang motorists na yung brake lights nila ay malalabo din pag nagbrake sila..

with hazzard lights on during a heavy rain, other motorists also use their hazzard lights.. and other motorist tend to slow down.. at wala nman sigurong 2 cars na magkasunod sa likod pag malakas ang ulan.. halos lahat malalayo ang distansya..

this is case to case basis specially pag malakas ang ulan at hindi visible ang road..
    Last edited by space invader; February 6th, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
hazard light