New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Still, even with lower grade diesel, if it's new it shouldn't smoke. Diesels almost always have emissions restrictions to keep the soot particles out (EGR, among other things).

But given that diesels combust at a much slower rate than gasoline engines, they are usually driven and pushed to their limit before any significant and comparable power comes from the engine. It is during this time that the combustion cycle cannot catch up with the engine speed so unburnt fuel goes out the exhaust as black smoke.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    grabe talaga ang crosswind..pigang piga na..
    Hhahahaha

4ja1 pala, my bad :p

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, i suppose crosswind drivers who are more performance oriented, or who require/demand more velocity from their rides are those behind heavy-smoking crosswinds. Our diesel rides (Prado, and Starexes - NA and CRDi) do puff some smoke from time to time (i.e. when under heavy engine loads, hard acceleration for diesels, climbing), supposedly because they're diesels, but it's not the black smoke as in the case of the Crosswinds, save for the Carnival/Sedona. Perhaps, as what mbeige said, despite the low grade of diesels we have, the Crosswinds still shouldn't smoke as much.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    4ja1 - Hilander series

4ja1-1 - Crosswind series

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    its just a trademark of isuzu regardless if its new..trust me..i have an isuzu..even when it was new..ganun na sya tlga.. i have a friend with a new sportivo..mausok din...

yes..partly because of low grade diesel fuel we have..but if you compare it with other make model, it doesnt belch as much.

so...isuzu cars ganda..but sa likod panget. hehehhehe.

so far wla pa me nakita na belcher na alterra and the engine is not as loud as previous isuzus.

btw, another trademark of isuzu is the diesel noise... parang sira ang kotse.. hehehhe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It seems the the supposedly "low-grade" diesel fuel quality is always the scapegoat.

The diesel available here in the Philippines is already Euro II compliant which means that the sulfur content is less than 0.05% already. To note, there's not timetable yet to ammend the Clean Air Act for the enforcement of Euro III diesel fuel quality (less than 0.035% sulfur content).

As of lately, other newer diesel engines do not puff smoke like the Crosswind & Trooper.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Relatively quiet Alterra engine? It must be the crdi. So at least Isuzu is headed to the right direction albeit the skyrocketing price of the Alterra. he-he

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Walang problema yung Isuzu, ang problema ay yung diesel sa Pinas na low class ang quality.

Kaya meron ng biodiesel para sa ganitong problema.

Nelany
    I use biodiesel for the 4ja1 isuzu, and it still puffs out smoke, but not that dirty or dark. Still, This engine still puffs like a fumigation session, no matter how much tlc I put into it, compared to a 4d56 mitsu or a toyota 2.4 diesel engine.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pero nakakabilib kapag nakakakita ko ng crosswind na walang usok kapag bumirit.
    Tinatanong ko sa sarili ko naka biodiesel kaya ito, bagong oil change or anong
    diesel ang gamit?
    Personally, pinagti-tyagaan ko na lang magpalinis ng air filter at water
    flushing sa exhaust pipe once a month or pag tinatamad 2 months.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
hanep talaga Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo [bagong-bago]