Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    supply and demand

pero serbisyo muna bago kita

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^well you can't compare Asian from st lukes BGC, parking in the south is relatively cheaper compare to places like makati, Ortigas, BGC financial districts.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing
    fyi, my outpatient check up(ordinary check up) is done in bgc, parking is free corner 30th street (covered parking) definitely not st. lukes...

but i cant compare it to a normal check up done in st. lukes, asian or any ordinary hospitals-> no long ques - reserve private rooms just for you - strictly by appointment - full attention of the medical staff

parking in alabang is not as tight as in bgc but it is also hell- that's why asian renovated their parking lots- and underground parking is almost not existent here due to the soil.
    Last edited by victorevolution; October 4th, 2014 at 12:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    fyi, my outpatient check up(ordinary check up) is done in bgc, parking is free corner 30th street (covered parking) definitely not st. lukes...

but i cant compare it to a normal check up done in st. lukes, asian or any ordinary hospitals-> no long ques - reserve private rooms just for you - strictly by appointment - full attention of the medical staff

parking in alabang is not as tight as in bgc but it is also hell- that's why asian renovated their parking lots- and underground parking is almost not existent here due to the soil.
    Where is this? No queue??? And I thought SLMC BGC was already efficient and gave the best service already.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yeah I think it's just a matter of supply and demand. Dumadami kotse, while the land area is decreasing to give way to more commercial establishments.

And if I were a lot owner, if I wanted to make my parking lot as lucrative as turning it into a commercial building, then I would jack up parking rates.

Which is why I just try to work as well as I can to have a job with free parking, or at least to get enough salary to afford parking.

When the day comes that I can't afford parking anymore, edi GrabTaxi or commute. But I do hope that current and future car owners consider rising parking costs as part and parcel of car ownership, just as rapidly increasing fuel prices became a concern in the early-mid 2000's.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dunno about regulating rates, but if establishments charge for parking, they should be made accountable for whatever damage happens to your vehicle while in their premises. Too often, malls, hotels and hospitals have disclaimers printed on their parking tickets saying they're not liable for anything.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    we cant do anything about the law on supply and demand but something should be done about this. it should regulated in a way that ordinary people can afford it. masyadong mahal talaga, katumbas ng halaga halos ng sahod ang parking fee pa lang. sabi nga nila, the barometer that the economy is improving is not the middle-income people driving cars to work but rather the rich taking public transportation. may gagamit pa kaya ng sasakyan papasok ng trabaho kung napaka efficient ng public transport natin, tulad ng singapore at japan?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang problema sa atin, we kept on comparing PH to other developed countries. Developing pa lang tayo. Maganda transport system ng Singapore, HK and japan? Mga developed countries. Ang layo naman yata ng comparison. Is PH comparable to those countries?

As for skyrocketing parking fee. Kung ayaw magbayad eh di Huwag gumamit ng kotse. Kahit saan naman financial district in the world mahal Ang parking.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ang problema sa atin, we kept on comparing PH to other developed countries. Developing pa lang tayo. Maganda transport system ng Singapore, HK and japan? Mga developed countries. Ang layo naman yata ng comparison. Is PH comparable to those countries?

As for skyrocketing parking fee. Kung ayaw magbayad eh di Huwag gumamit ng kotse. Kahit saan naman financial district in the world mahal Ang parking.

Pretty much.

I don't see a problem with the parking rate. If you have no business at the hospital, then you have no business parking there, di ba?

-

Parking in the whole of Alabang used to be free. But now that traffic is increasing, there are fewer and fewer free lots. Last ones, I think, are S&R and South Supermarket... they're still too far away from offices and other businesses for it to matter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I dunno about regulating rates, but if establishments charge for parking, they should be made accountable for whatever damage happens to your vehicle while in their premises. Too often, malls, hotels and hospitals have disclaimers printed on their parking tickets saying they're not liable for anything.
    That's correct, shared responsibility. Motorist pay for the parking fee but parking management should share security.

Just like other higher parking fees like this hospitals & hotels, dapat talaga meron validation to get free parkings. Same for malls, dapat if your a buying customer, parking should be free.
    Last edited by macsd; October 5th, 2014 at 09:19 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    yes they are responsible, the disclaimer is not binding... my cousin had his car parked via valet in a hotel few years back nabangga sa parking and hotel paid for the repairs...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast