New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry to hear Mr. CyberAdobo.

There are a lot of people who really take advantage of other people's kindness. Friends, workers, employees....pati ang mga katulong namin. Sometimes, it makes you think if your gesture is really worth the risks.

As a rule, I never invite a person to sleep over sa bahay, except for relatives. If they don't have a place to stay, I book them to a nearest hotel or hostel.
    Last edited by HIFI; August 21st, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *cyberadobo

im just curious why your call center head didn't even bother to fire that lady. afaik, commission of a crime is a ground for immediate dismissal from work.

and one more thing, hindi man lang mahiya yung babaeng yun? pumapasok pa din siya sa work up to now? ano na lang ang magiging tingin sa kanya ng lahat sa call center niyo? klepto? ingat na lang at nariyan pa rin siya sa tabi-tabi niyo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    EPCI's ATM is unique in that it spews out your card and asks for the PIN later. Which is why it will NEVER be captured in case of 3 incorrect PIN entries.

And I have never encountered any security guard questioning or calling up the actual cardholder, in case somebody asks for assistance inside an ATM booth, if the guard finds out na hindi match yung name dun sa gender. They're simply too lazy to do so, or are not trained to do that.
    You are right, so its impossible that Leolop left the card because he wouldnt be able to continue the withdrawal.

Why would the guard question or call up the card holder?

When you need assistance or a replacement card you ask it from the bank people. They will verify your identity and assist you.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    "If you have a 5 month pregnant girl in your car who doesn't seem to be interested in getting-off where she said she wants to get off because she's too sleepy(at least thats what it looks like), what do you do? Do you kick her out of the car? This was the situation I was in at that moment, so I thought it was only polite to ask her to sleep in my place."

>Bro, you dont have to kick her out. If you really wanted to help her you could have taken her to her home. Or the the next station after Guadalupe. A little hassel but she is pregnant and you dont really know her. You also didnt mention earlier that she didnt want to go down at the place she is suppose to go down. Peace!!

I also forgot to include in the story that when we got to my place, she asked me if Im interested in hooking-up with one of her friends who also works in a callcenter who is in the business of "getting paid for ***". I was surprised why she openned up that subject and she seems to be in a good mood to talk about things, contrary to the sleepy demeanor she displayed in my car. So, jokingly I replied, 'I'm not interested in paying for ***, because I always get it for free..."

I didn't feel like adding this bit of information into the story because I thought it would only destroy her character a bit more, afterall, the only damaging thing she did was steal my ATM card. NONE of the people she talked about the harassment issue to believed her.

The fact is:

- She planned to steal my ATM card even before she sat in my car, even before I invited her to sleep in my place.

- She stole my ATM card and withdrew all the money that is in it.

- She spread a rumor that I ***ually harassed her which she later denied when I asked her about it.

- She admitted stealing my ATM card and withdrew all the funds in it.

- She promised to return the money she stole, but it never materialized.

I understand how some people can have a lot of sympathy for a 5 month pregnant girl. If it didn't happen to me, I would probably feel sorry for her as well, and think that the guy was an asshole. But the above information are the facts, and wether anyone believes me or not, is a different story. I posted this, not to destroy a person(its the reason why I did not include any of the things she offered to me in my place) but only so that maybe I can warn people about that person.

Believe whatever you want to believe, just dont let her watch you withdraw any cash from any ATM machine...

[/QUOTE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i've given up trying to do anything about the missing funds since it's unlikely i'll be getting any info. i'm just glad that it wasn't any worse. last i've heard is the maid sends texts to the other maids in our townhouse compound (and there's this ludicrous claim she made that she's my wife's cousin, oh man). guard, maid or ghost, karma na lang. hope mine gets better, and hopefully this absolves me of past sins.

*cyberadobo, sorry to hear about what happened. if not for the detail that your workmate was 5 months pregnant, i would have commented that the most amazing part of your story is that your gf believed it, hehe. hope your case turns out better than mine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    as for the banks, i'm not satisfied with the way they handled this. although they provided me with information, i would've appreciated more involvement on their part to investigate the matter, and not leave all it to me to do the leg work considering my property was stolen from their company. there wasn't even an invitation to file a formal complaint or report.
    why do you think they should be more involved? you said it yourself. it was a withdrawal using your ATM card from an ATM machine. only you (and perhaps your significant other) should have access to its PIN , and if i were to put myself in the manager's position i would want you to provide me sufficient evidence that the transaction was fruadulent. until then, i think the bank did its job in providing you details of the transactions. i'm not saying that you are purposely trying to pull a fast one on the bank, but i'm just speaking from the manager's point of view. i have to agree with you about having a security camera. perhaps even a built-in security cam in the ATM machine that date stamps the video footage is a good idea.

on the other hand, if it were an online purchase then i would probably give you the benefit of the doubt and will temporarilly credit your account for the full amount of the purchase pending investigation of the transaction.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberAdobo View Post
    I just dont get it how for some people its easy to steal something that they did not work hard for... tsk-tsk... Ako kasi I'd rather starve to death than steal anything just to survive...
    it's easy to say it until you get into that predicament. be honest. picture yourself facing that decision. would you still practice what you preached? that is a complicated situation, in which i hope none of us here will ever have to deal with.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It was payday(graveyard shift), but because its our first pay I drove half of my co-trainees to ortigas to get our ATM cards. But because I lacked some of the requirements, I did not get mine.
    this does not make sense at all. why do you need to get your ATM to get your paycheck? don't you have it in your wallet?

One of my co-trainees said she wanted to ride with me home and said she wants to get off at MRT Guadalupe station. So I said OK. On our way to the parking lot where my car is parked I saw an ATM machine and remembered that I need to withdraw some money to pay for my condominium dues, utility bills, etc.

So I asked her if she doesn't mind if I withdraw some money first. So she said its ok, but because she's a co-trainee, I didn't really expect that she would steal anything from me so I felt confident that she was behind me when I withdrew some cash.
    how can you withdraw cash from an ATM machine if you said you did not get your ATM card?

In the car, I placed my wallet below the car stereo, then drove off with her.
    having valuables laying around in the car with a stranger ( i don't care if you work with her) was a dumb move.

Then I realized that I also need to buy some gas for the car, so I did. At that time she was asking me if I could buy her some water in the convenience store next to the gas station.
    i hope you brought your wallet with you. otherwise, how would you have paid for the fuel?

When we were right next to guadalupe station, I woke her up. But because there were too many busses lined up I couldn't find a spot where I could let her out.
    this is getting fishy isn't it very common in manila to just unload your passengers anywhere? was she carrying a lot of gears that you needed to park and unload them? otherwise a brief stop should have given her ample time to unboard your car without any trouble from an MMDA official.

So I asked her if she wanted to stay at my place instead, because my condo is just one MRT ride from her house near guadalupe. She said yes...
    nice move romeo.

In the condo, she asked me to sleep because she said I look sleepy, I also told her that if she wanted to sleep, she can sleep in my room, and i'll sleep in the couch in the livingroom. And After I've paid all of my condo bills, thats exactly what happened she slept in my room and I in the livingroom sofa.
    do you expect anyone to believe that?

After 2 hours, she woke me up telling me that she needs to get home right away. So I said ok, but Im too sleepy to drive her home, so I asked her if its ok that she just take the MRT, she said she'll be fine. So I just showed her to the door, I locked the door and went back to sleep. Around 7p.m. I woke up beause I was hungry, so I went to my room to get my wallet to buy some food.
    you let a stranger sleep in your room. what did you expect to happen? oh and where did you put your wallet? don't tell us that you put your wallet in the bedroom while you slept in the livingroom. i think there is more to the story than what you are telling us. you know what i think? i think you slept together in the same room, you fell asleep after the events in the room unfolded, she took your wallet and left OR things did not go as planned and have put yourself in a mess. so now, you must construct this elaborate story...my guess.

Then I was shocked... My ATM card was not there...
    did you not just say earlier in the beginning that you DID NOT GET YOUR ATM? therefore it is very obvious that you will not find it in your wallet. is that a shocking discovery?

I immediately tried to remember what happened, but I remember clearly that I put my ATM card back in my wallet.
    you can't put something in your wallet that did not exist.

So I went to work that night because our training was from 10pm to 7am, and I was surprised that she even went to work!!?
    if she is not guilty, why should she not go to work?

So I began to study her demeanor closely, and it seems that she did not want to look at me in the eye...hmmmm....Interesting....
    sleeping with your co-worker makes anyone uncomfortable in the beginning.

that morning I went to the bank to report it stolen, and also asked where the last withdrawal was made. And they were able to pinpoint exactly what bank the money was withdrawn from. thats when It was clear that it was my co-trainee who stole it beyond any shadow of a doubt.
    logic says that if an ATM card was never in the wallet then it can not be stolen.

How? the bank where she withdrew it was a BPI bank close to my condo.
    That night when I went to work, I chatted with her in IM, and I told her that she's got guts coming to work because the bank already found out who stole my ATM card, and that they are coming there to arrest someone.

After telling her that, she immediately became teary eyed and trembling in fear. Then she admitted stealing my ATM card and withdrawing everything. So I told our trainors that she already confessed to the crime and I copied and pasted her confession to my IM to our trainor.

Apparently, she already reported me to them earlier on and accused me of harassing her... Harassing a thief? Is it not ok to ask questions to a suspect to the crime these days? So I asked her to just return the money, and I'll just forget about what happened...

She said she's going to return the money but I never got any payment from her. I told the story to my GF, so she made a website warning people about her... check it out here... http://www.geocities.com/ghost_rider_****/.... Just replace the **** with the english word for T*e...
    it's your word againts hers. you were lucky you were not accused of raping her. be careful with the website. she can sue you for slander.
    Last edited by n2knee; August 23rd, 2007 at 02:50 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    looking back, there have been occasions where i instructed her to get funds from the wallet, like when the diyaryo or food delivery arrives, but wouldn't even say an ave of once a month.

in earlier times, the idea of employees being required to give fingerprints would have been unthinkable. these days it's standard in some companies. fingerprint records of maids now sounds like a good idea, but anyone here has actually done so?
    i don't care how wealthy you are. instructing an employee to dip her finger in your wallet is like telling your gardener that it's ok to feel your wife.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    She's maybe cute but she's also 5 months pregnant, why would anyone want to make a move on a girl with a bulging tummy?
    same reason a woman in need gives when she sleeps with a guy with a big beer belly. anyhow, 5 months tummy is really not bulgy.

And if I did make a move on her, I'd probably not end-up sleeping in the livingroom couch. Afterall, any girl who have no qualms sleeping in a strangers house is obviously looking for some action (***ual or in this case planning to steal something)... At least, thats what my girl friends tell me... My girl friends told me that if they really dont like the guy they will never even take the chance of riding in that guys car, or worse saying yes to an offer to sleep in that guys place...
    there is more to the story than what you are telling here.

Another point here is the question, why did she memorize my pin number? That alone should be evidence enough that she planned it even before she sat in my car. Her plan to steal my ATM card might be the reason why she was aking me to buy her a mineral water in the gas station, so she can snag it while im out.
    how can someone memorize something that he/she has not even seen?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Funds stolen from my ATM! banks not much help