New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc MD View Post
    ah so meron din sa casa? magkano kaya? tamang tama i'm gonna schedule for the 1000km change oil..
    The one I bought at TDC was P2979.17.

Should be closely the same with other Toyota dealers.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    thanks guys for this info..

although i do not own a fort, applicable ang information na sa may mga tsikot. I think I'm going to buy one this coming friday sa banaue.

HI-FI,

anong brand ng lock na nabili mo and san gawa (made in ___)?
    I don't remember the brand, but it's made in Thailand. I'm not sure if it will fit any other vehicle aside from the Hilux, Innova and Fortuner so you better ask.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sa Alabang Town Center rin nawala yung spare tire ng friend ko mga two years ago. Though Crosswind yung car niya at hindi Fortuner. He got his brand new Crosswind from the Casa on a Friday....sinabihan pa siya nung SA na bumili ng chain and padlock kasi madaling nakawin ang spare tire ng crosswind. So the next day, he went to ATC to buy the chain and lock sa tru-value....when he went back to his car....the spare tire was gone!

Siguro sa mga malls nag o-operate itong mga magnanakaw na ito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bakit kaya hindi magset up operations ang mga pulis, magpark ng isang marked fort sa parking tapos magabang yung mga pulis sa mga private vehicles na heavily tinted malapit sa ,arked fort tapos kapag may natyempuhan sila na nagnanakaw ng gulong e di mahuhuli nila at the same time magkakaroon sila ng lead kung sino sino pa at ilang grupo pa gumagawa nito at mga hideout nila.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    siguro naman ginawa na yan, kaya lang madami pang lagay na gulong ang magnanakaw eh. 4k isa pag binenta

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^nagawa na nga iyan bro. mapanood ko pa sa news iyan dati. anyhow, iyong frontier din ng utol ko nanakawan ng spare tire in one of those "guarded" parking lots in makati

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Re: deflating. I think the perpetrators only do this for those vehicles owners' who literally wrapped their spare tire around a metal chain and secure/fasten (or tied it) on to one of the rear towing eyelets.

I looked at the knob for lowering the spare tire. It is attached to the frame/chassis and if I saw it correctly, the spare tire is right underneath it. What I dont get is, even with the presence of the spare tire underneath it (the knob), which in some ways may serve as an impediment to direct access to this knob from underneath the vehicle, that the thieves can still (presumably) access it (the knob) to carry out the "deed". Sorry for the confusing compounded last sentence. ;)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    may nakita nako akong ganito

it was way back when i was in college, nag grocery kame sa uniwide warehouse club sa quirino hiway novaliches, ngayun pagdating namen dun ibinaba ko na ang mga parents ko sa entrance and then i procede to park our family car, when i was looking for a free slot, i have spotted this white daihatsu park on the rear of a SUV, i forgot what is the model of the SUV, right then and there nakita ko yung lalake sa ilalim ng SUV kinukuha yung gulong, nung lumapit na oto ko sa sa kanila biglang nagkumaripas yung lalake hatak2x yung spare tire sabay sibat nung daihatsu, yun nga lang ang mali ko, i did not notify immediately yung mga guards and naisip ko magpapark pa lang ako at baka kung anu gawin nila sa oto namen

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^nagawa na nga iyan bro. mapanood ko pa sa news iyan dati. anyhow, iyong frontier din ng utol ko nanakawan ng spare tire in one of those "guarded" parking lots in makatihala! Hindi pala effective ang chain at lock ko.

Pag sasakay ako sa kotse, i make sure to inspect the spare tire always if it's still intact

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Re: deflating. I think the perpetrators only do this for those vehicles owners' who literally wrapped their spare tire around a metal chain and secure/fasten (or tied it) on to one of the rear towing eyelets.

I looked at the knob for lowering the spare tire. It is attached to the frame/chassis and if I saw it correctly, the spare tire is right underneath it. What I dont get is, even with the presence of the spare tire underneath it (the knob), which in some ways may serve as an impediment to direct access to this knob from underneath the vehicle, that the thieves can still (presumably) access it (the knob) to carry out the "deed". Sorry for the confusing compounded last sentence. ;)
    Ako din di ko ma get kung paano nila inalis. I presume they didn't lower the chain because it was too nice of them to raise it again to its original height . If they did deflate it, hindi ma-ingay yung biglang singaw ng hangin at nakakatawag ng pansin. Pero tama yung observation mo, nakaharang nga yung buong gulong sa lowering knob. As they say, creative talaga ang pinoy!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Fortuner Spare Tire Thefts