New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doctora and I were in the market for a used Suzuki Jimny this past month.

Trying to be resourceful I texted some friends and acquaintances that I was looking for such a unit.

Just my luck, someone I know from Suzuki, gave me the number of an agent who he said might have a good lead.

So I called the agent. He referred me to the personal assistant of the owner of the vehicle.

In the end, I transacted directly with the vehicle's owner and ended up taking home a black '03 Jimny A/T last Saturday.

Today I get a text from the agent asking for his "finder's fee".

Tama ba yun? Diba whatever commission or finder's fee will be between him and the seller of the vehicle? Sa sobrang inis ko, I gave him some pretty strong words.

Thankfully, Zukiman of 4x4ph who happens to work for Suzuki also, intervened and diffused the situation. Pero tama ba talagang ako ang magbigay ng finder's fee samantalang ako ang buyer and not the seller? And this agent even has the nerve to ask if I gave Zukiman and my the other Suzuki guy a finder's fee. Of course I did not, and they did not ask for many. But in return for the good service they have provided me through the years, madami na din ako narefer sa kanila and I think putting a good word for them is enough already.

Now I will not recommend this agent to anyone...not my loss...buy your Zuks elsewhere.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'm sure may commission yung ahente sa seller...

Pero gusto din nya kumita sa buyer.

meron talaga mga ahente na ganyan... garapal

agent-seller lang may ganyang usapan.. kung wala siya nakuha sa seller, ibig sabihin nyun, kasalana na nya yun at di nya kinausap yung seller prior sa usapan nyu(as buyer) and seller.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    unless may usapan na kayo beforehand na bibigyan mo na lang sya o bigyan na lang sya ng finder's fee, hindi talaga tama yon. it's logical to assume na yong seller ang magbibigay if ever.

anyway, congrats on your new Jimny! pics naman

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    unless may usapan na kayo beforehand na bibigyan mo na lang sya o bigyan na lang sya ng finder's fee, hindi talaga tama yon. it's logical to assume na yong seller ang magbibigay if ever.

anyway, congrats on your new Jimny! pics naman

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    May commission ang ahente sa seller o di kaya markup sya sa presyo ng seller, garapal lang talaga yang kausap mo doc otep.
    Last edited by CoDer; October 8th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think the "agent" should demand 'finder's fee or commission' from the seller and not from the buyer.

BTW, normally, how much is the "finder's fee or commission' and the referral fee?

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3748[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; October 8th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    "Hey I referred this car for you to buy. Where's my cut?"

The guy is cuckoo :screwloose:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa sobrang hirap ng buhay ngaun nagiging garapal na talaga tao. Pero IMO sana kahit pang gasolina inabutan mo na. A thousand or two wouldnt have hurt you di ba? Besides, di mo makikilala seller kung hindi dahil sa kaniya, so kaunting pakonsuelo man lang. Hindi porket may commision ang nag refer sa buyer, e wala na tayong obligasyon sa kanila kahit "konting goodwill" man lang.

Minsan din kasi nangyayari, like in your case, hindi na siya nakialam sa pricing and negotiation so wala siya mark up ( favorable sa iyo un di ba ) so I think in this case e hindi naman gaano out of order ung umasa siya sa iyo ng kahit konti ( iyon nga lang di siya naghintay na magkusa ka ).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thats insane.... the seller should be the one who give's the commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Finder's Fee?