New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    To my fellow tsikoteers,
    I don't personally know jasprit but i guess he's 18 years old from what i remember from his previous posts. By being young and inexperienced, he thought that he was doing the right thing. So when he observed that the other person in the car was trying to antagonize him, jasprit posted this thread and hoped to get some advice from you.

jasprit,
    I hope you'll consider their responses as constructive criticisms TO MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER, not to make you a lesser man. If you would again be in the same road situation again, I hope what you have read in these posts will guide you in what proper action to take.

As always, drive safely and arrive in one piece.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I already knew that this thread will lead to this conclusion before....

WBR,

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is lane splitting and how it is being done legally in some states in the U.S. and other countries in Europe. Personally I feel it should only be done in stopped or slow moving traffic to be safe. Watch the videos if you are interested. Lanesplitting is legal unless the law says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MQVtEDd5Bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjjARyOijY

Ideally people talk about how motorcycles need to be treated just like cars, which is true overseas, but since coming to the Philippines I have yet to see a place or parking area where people here allow my motorcycle the same rights as a car. You can't even park in a parking slot in a parking area because people here say it is only for cars. When I go to park outside a bank I find a car parked behind my motorcycle and the driver says bikes shouldn't park there and tells me to park where bicycles are parked. WTF! is wrong with the minds of the parking officials and some people here! Say that in the U.S. and you will be sued in court. And my bike is a 600cc Honda CBR so don't give me any crap about being poor. Some street legal bikes aren't even being allowed in the expressways. I bought a 250cc sport bike that is way faster than most cars on the road in this country and I am stopped from entering the North Expressway. Even the German Autobahn doesn't have that kind of restriction. A peer of mine on another site had his belt driven scooter Honda Silverwing 600cc stopped because they said its a small belt scooter and it is not allowed. In the U.S. any motorcycle that can maintain the minimum and maximum speed posted is generally allowed to use any road. I am amazed at the level of ignorance and discrimination against bikers here. People say all bikers here are bad or irresponsible but as an outsider staying here for a year now I would have to say almost every car, bus, motorcycle, etc., drivers here are just as bad. People need to quit b****ing about bikers and such and tell law enforcement to do their job.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sorry to read sir, of your sad biking experience regarding the parking, denied access to the NLEX, a-hole drivers of cars, buses, motorcycles, etc.

We suffer the same fate as you do in our day-to-day driving in the metro. Don't hope for assistance from the law enforcement officers since some of them contribute to the b****ing and fu**ing taffic problems that we motorists encounter daily. What can I say but...

Welcome to the club!!! You're in the Philippines!!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui View Post
    This is lane splitting and how it is being done legally in some states in the U.S. and other countries in Europe. Personally I feel it should only be done in stopped or slow moving traffic to be safe. Watch the videos if you are interested. Lanesplitting is legal unless the law says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MQVtEDd5Bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjjARyOijY

Ideally people talk about how motorcycles need to be treated just like cars, which is true overseas, but since coming to the Philippines I have yet to see a place or parking area where people here allow my motorcycle the same rights as a car. You can't even park in a parking slot in a parking area because people here say it is only for cars. When I go to park outside a bank I find a car parked behind my motorcycle and the driver says bikes shouldn't park there and tells me to park where bicycles are parked. WTF! is wrong with the minds of the parking officials and some people here! Say that in the U.S. and you will be sued in court. And my bike is a 600cc Honda CBR so don't give me any crap about being poor. Some street legal bikes aren't even being allowed in the expressways. I bought a 250cc sport bike that is way faster than most cars on the road in this country and I am stopped from entering the North Expressway. Even the German Autobahn doesn't have that kind of restriction. A peer of mine on another site had his belt driven scooter Honda Silverwing 600cc stopped because they said its a small belt scooter and it is not allowed. In the U.S. any motorcycle that can maintain the minimum and maximum speed posted is generally allowed to use any road. I am amazed at the level of ignorance and discrimination against bikers here. People say all bikers here are bad or irresponsible but as an outsider staying here for a year now I would have to say almost every car, bus, motorcycle, etc., drivers here are just as bad. People need to quit b****ing about bikers and such and tell law enforcement to do their job.
    I have watched the video and it is just the same thing here in the PI but instead of using bigbikes, we see them using underbones.... as I understand, jasprit was lanesplitting while every other vehicles are on full stop since may stoplight then yun isang driver eh biglang hinarangan yun dadaanan or siguro ginitgit siya para di siya makalusot.

IMO i don't think that it is wrong for bikes to lanesplit as long as you dont hit anything or anybody or there is an ample space between cars that you are passing. yun nga kasi ang advantage ng motor eh. we cannot expect them to fall in line with other vehicles kasi kakasya naman sila at pwede lumusot. basta wag lang lulusot kung hindi kasya at may matatamaan.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    How do we define ample space?

I do the same thing Innova_Boy.
    Last edited by swimstroke; November 25th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    what if lulusot nga but the clearance from both sides is say only 1 inch?....

I just lower my window and say if you came in contact with my ride, you must pay that.... enough and he stop....

WBR,

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    How do we define ample space?

I do the same thing Innova_Boy.
    you are a driver right? i believe you know what it means.... you know what is a safe distance between your car and the one you are following right?

well if they scratch it, they should pay it...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    you are a driver right? i believe you know what it means.... you know what is a safe distance between your car and the one you are following right?

well if they scratch it, they should pay it...
    Hehe, you didn't answer my question.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What will you do it the motorcycle guy scratch your car anf then he started to scratch his head and say he has no money to pay you????

WBR,

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Don't know what's his problem????