New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ahaha napasama ka pala dun? nagpa seminar daw si angelo reyes dun sa Crame ha?! siya ang speaker.. pero mababait naman yun mga nangsita e.. kung tama ang papeles mo they'd let you go.. generally mababait naman talaga karamihan ng cops e.. i know a lot of them cops.. and talagang nakakaintimidate lang talaga sila lalo na pag nakauniform with shining 45's..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    saw in a tabloid this morning 2 brand new mazda 3's impounded in crame.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    makukulit kasi e.. sinabi na na "No plate, No travel" e.. tsk tsk..

May nakita ako kagabi along Roxas Blvd. a brand new Adventure, wala din plaka. dumaan sa harap ng pulis. Depende na rin siguro kung saan ka dadaan. Mas mahipit ata pag sa Edsa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Paano ko na impound yun sasakyan mo (new car no carplates, more than a week ) ,what you should do?
    anyone, na experience mo na ba to?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by axelangel007
    Paano ko na impound yun sasakyan mo (new car no carplates, more than a week ) ,what you should do?
    anyone, na experience mo na ba to?
    same question as mine.

I bought my car last week and my dealer said that the delivery notice is good for 7 days only. But then my plate will take 3 weeks? will the apprehending officers let me go or will they still impound my car? My dealer also mentioned that they will be giving me my conduction permit (from LTO) soon and that should "extend" my plate-less car's "on road legality". Is this accurate?

thanks in advance for your answers

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. i asked the dealer to deliver my car with plates already .. mas mabuti sa bp ko na di ko nakikita yung kotse kesa sa nakikita ko pero di ko magamit ... and they gave the 3 year registration for free ... yun nga lang ... a few days delay ... well ... mataas naman eq ko eh ...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    no plate no travel is their way in ensuring our safety. but if you have a new car, then you wait for your plates for about 3 weeks..di na makatarungan yun. dapat they should have memo'd LTO na they'll be implementing the no plates no travel policy para naman at least mabilis ang pagprocess ng plates ng LTO.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i always encounter ang mga cars with no plates. Eventhough walang plates they still manage to drive around manila kahit nilalampasan lang nila mga police. I think depende lang sa mga nanghuhuli yan

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I bought my car recently and what the dealer did was, they would fax to my office a tampered delivery receipt so the 7 days grace period is actually extended ( this went on for almost a month). I asked why they were doing this and they said it takes time before LTO releases the plate. Not contended, i checked with LTO only to find out it has not been filed yet by my dealership. Talked to management to ask for an explanation and the truth came out "they submit documents in batches for their own convenience and their finance group takes longer to process payment for LTO"! Now that is called inefficiency to think that I bought a brand that is referred to as the "safest" car in the world. My message is very simple, the brand of your car is not an assurance of great service after all. Car brand starts with a V and ends with an O. I felt guilty when I talked to LTO earlier and said that they are being inefficient and their chief explained to me that it was the delear's fault. My bad, but that it the truth.

By the way, this is my first time to post here in your forums and I find it very informative. Don't mind the time that I wrote this, I work graveyard in a call center.

Good day to everyone and more power.
    Last edited by fireblade; May 25th, 2005 at 03:42 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Dinala ako ng mga Pulis sa Crame!!!