New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    in lieu of police report, pwede din kayo na lang mag usap. write down the facts of the accident, both drivers info, sketches, note down damages, and lastly, both parties sign the black and white.. that's considered legal document in any court.
    pag na tyempuhan nyo gagong police, problema pa yan, baka kumampi yan sa pera, o sa maganda heheh personally, ayoko talaga tumawag pa ng police.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks, guys. :D

No word yet, hindi pa sila tumatawag since Saturday. Naaawa tuloy ako sa misis ko, uminit pa ang ulo kahit birthday niya. Personally, I sometimes wonder whether I'm being unreasonable or downright stubborn. But when I consider everything that's happened, mas desidido akong itayo ang pangalan ko. Besides, even my mother-in-law has expressed her support for me.

I already called the insurance company and requested for a copy of the incident report that I and the other party had accomplished. Just making sure that I have the leverage if it's a confrontation they want. I will also instruct insurance to keep the repair offer open for as long as possible, so that anytime the other party decides that they finally want to avail of the offer, all they have to do is say the word.

Regarding her dad, like I said, I was particularly unimpressed when he introduced himself as a 'captain', even more so because he sounded drunk at such an early hour of the day. Fine, I thought, leave the old man to his delusions. The way I see it, his introduction could only mean three things:

1. Barangay captain
    2. Ship captain
    3. Captain waiter

And for good measure, I recently learned that I actually have an uncle stationed in Camp Eldridge, Los Baños, Laguna. And he happens to be a colonel. Now, let me clarify that I don't feel particularly comfortable involving either the police or the military in this matter, simply because I think it's inappropriate. However, I suppose her dad will appreciate taking this up with a fellow man in uniform, just so that it becomes clear to him to stay out of situations that don't concern him in any way.

And if it becomes apparent that this moron is merely posturing because he thinks he can spook me, he'll be facing charges of harassment, extortion and usurpation of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick
    in lieu of police report, pwede din kayo na lang mag usap. write down the facts of the accident, both drivers info, sketches, note down damages, and lastly, both parties sign the black and white.. that's considered legal document in any court.
    Natumbok mo, and that's *exactly* what I did, which is a requirement for her claim for damages to be processed. She can never accuse me of forcing her to sign away her legal rights, because that document *is* part of those rights, the same ones that she neglected to exercise at the time of the accident.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 13th, 2006 at 02:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron bang driver liscense yung babae?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slickae92red
    meron bang driver liscense yung babae?
    Unfortunately, since she declined to file a police report at the time of the accident, I'll never know.

I spoke with the insurance company a while ago, and they told me that the other party opted to pay for her own repairs, using her preferred shop, and charge the whole thing to experience. She had an opportunity to avail of repairs to her car at no cost to her, and she snubbed it. Her choice, her loss.

But the best part for me is, she's still entitled to avail of the insurance's offer for repairs. Even if I'm no longer a policyholder, it will still be available for her in case she changes her mind. I'm not holding it against her if she wants her own shop to do the repairs, but if I really am legally obligated to shoulder part of the bill, she will have to do immensely better than just saying that she doesn't trust the insurance-accredited shop. Like I said, it's already a matter of personal preference, considering that my insurance company already went out on a limb to give her a ton of extra services.

I'm actually thinking of calling her office to demand that they provide her with a car plan (with comprehensive insurance coverage of course), so that she would no longer have to endanger both herself and other people on the road with such a rickety old automobile.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 14th, 2006 at 07:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napakabait mong tao sir.
    saludo ako sayo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So she elected to pay for everything herself? She could have had her shop make the repairs and had your insurance pay for whatever amount they offered and paid the difference out of pocket.

Bogeyman, in the future (hopefully this is your last accident) you should ask to see her license, registration, and proof of insurance(if she has one) and write down those information regardless of whether you call the police or not. Maybe she didnt even have a license that's why she was in a hurry to leave and not call the police.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    I'm actually thinking of calling her office to demand that they provide her with a car plan (with comprehensive insurance coverage of course), so that she would no longer have to endanger both herself and other people on the road with such a rickety old automobile.
    Glad to know it's finally settled. Let it go na and put it behind you.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slickae92red
    napakabait mong tao sir.
    saludo ako sayo.
    Naku, hindi po. Dapat lang nating panagutan kung nakapinsala tayo sa iba, sinasadya man o hindi, pero huwag naman sanang abusuhin ang pananagutang iyon.

Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    Bogeyman, in the future (hopefully this is your last accident) you should ask to see her license, registration, and proof of insurance(if she has one) and write down those information regardless of whether you call the police or not. Maybe she didnt even have a license that's why she was in a hurry to leave and not call the police.
    Duly noted, and thanks. I guess I was overly concerned with her general well-being at the time, which caused me to overlook certain procedures in the process. In spite of her car's age, I really think she should consider reapplying for auto insurance, just for her own peace of mind. I even said as much to her the very next day. (sigh)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well swerte sya ginawa mo obliugation mo. kung jeep yan kamot ulo na lang.

at walang police report?

saihin mo na lang take it or leave it.

Or magdemanda na lang kamo sya

teka, Maganda ba yung babae?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    bayaran mo na lang yung 2k, ano ba naman yung 2k, pera lang yan, kung palagi ka naman makukunsumi. mamaya sa kaiisip mo, kung ano pa mangyari, mas malaki gastos di ba? ako nga 20k ang nawala sa akin last year, dahil sa naging problema ko, pero di ko na inisip yun, charge to experience na lang.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Collision advice (medyo mahaba)