New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Legally, she has a case against you. Obviously, you should always be alert on the sudden stop of vehicle in front of you. But on the practical side, I would suggest that you just ignore it. it would be very difficult and expensive to initiate an action in court especially in your case where the amount of the claim is just around 15k. Sa abogado pa lang talo na yung magfile. Just imagine you have to pay for the docket fees, the lawyer's fee for every appearance (or pleading filed in court), not to mention the usual acceptance fee.

Sabihin mo na lang kung hindi nya tatanggapin yung P1K (or P2K, kung mabait ka) might as well file it in court. Tingnan mo matatauhan yon.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wala ka nang obligasyon sa kanya. That's what a car insurance is for. You pay an insurer to take care of accidents like this. If she doesn't agree to the cost of repair or the shop where to have the car repaired, it's simply not your problem. She should be taking it up against the insurer, not on you. You're not the one dictating the insurance policy.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Firstly, IMHO, sorry to say it's your fault sir Bogey. Ikaw bumangga e. Impaired vehicle or otherwise, one of the expectations of having a driver's license is to always be aware of the dangers inherent in operating a motor vehicle.

But... wala syang kaso kasi:

May payment of damages na in the form of insurance.

Of course, she has every right to go to whichever shop she wants... but by signing your incident report, she has also bound herself to the decision of the insurance company. Any additionals, she should shoulder herself.

Again, she always has the option of suing you... but, standard filing fee ngayon e 20k tapos hingi nya sayo is 2k lang.

I would be careful though, kasi, with the weird justice we have... baka may kilala syang judge na maghahati sila sa kita. We had a case once where binangga na truck namin, dinemanda pa kami. The complainant, sa sobrang yabang and ayaw patalo, didn't care about the money na. She actually made whoopee with the judge to win... di lang nya alam may mga sariling kaibigan din kami... natalo din sya, panalo si judge... sayang medyo cutie nga e... ako nalang sana nilapitan, sasabihin kong talo na kami...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dito sa Pilipinas medyo stupid talaga ang batas. Kahit sadyain mong mag-sudden stop para mabangga ka ng nasa likod mo, yung nasa likod pa din ang may kasalanan.

Meron pa ngang cases na sila na ang inatrasan tapos papalabasin ng nakaatras na sila ang binangga. That's the Philippines! Wala pang imbestigasyon guilty na. hehe. Never mind if her vehicle was not roadworthy at the time - KASALAN MO PA DIN! If I remember right, si boybi inovertake-an ng jeepney dati sa shoulder ng NLEX. When the jeepney pulled out in front of him, it suddenly braked - WHAM! Si boybi pa daw ang may kasalanan. Bwisit talaga noh.

Sindakin mo na lang sir Bogeyman. Ano ba talaga problema ng car niya? Baka naman hindi lang siya talaga marunong mag-drive. And kung sira talaga ang car niya, kailangan din niya siguro mag-commute whether or not nabangga mo siya.

Yung lalake upakan na lang natin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ipabasa mo sa kanya yung thread dito na tumatakbo ang nakabangga, nakasagi etc. para magpasalamat pa siya sa yo at di mo tinatakbuhan responsibility mo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    same sentiments here.... sad to say kahit reckless yun driver sa unahan mo at nabangga mo eh fault mo pa din yun.....

ingat ka na lang dun sa nabangga mo baka racket yan! hayaan mo na lang sila mag-file ng kaso. sa hirap ng buhay ngayon eh tingin ko hindi na aabot sa korte yan! wala nga pamasahe sa opisina eh pano pa yun pang-file pa ng kaso? saka isa pa may defense ka naman. di mo naman tinakbuhan eh!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sarap magbasa ng story mo ah! Parang Pro na Blogger!

Aside from being thankful sa iyo, dapat nga maki-cooperate na lang sya fully to minimize the hassles and that out from the equation yung kups na ofcmate! Keep your stand! Deal or No Deal kamo...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks sa replies, guys. Of course I do recognize my part in the accident, which is why I immediately offered medical/towing assistance in the short term, and financial asistance through my insurance company in the medium term. I gave my mobile no., my office number, even my home number, to show that I was not a flight risk (not that I had any place to go to anyway). Mukhang malakas lang talaga ang loob nila just because I'm easy to pin the blame on, and they're milking it for what it's worth.

This morning I received a call from a certain Capt. Cando (father nung babae). I was unable to ask what branch of the police/military does he hold that rank, but frankly I was unimpressed, as it was likely just a prt of their intimidation tactics. Iniinsist pa rin niya that I shoulder the balance, saying that I was criminally and civilly liable. I told him that I am already acknowledging my liability through my insurance company, and if they are not satisfied with the work of the insurance casa, they can always notify me or the insurance company so that it can be corrected. Beyond that, I said, I can offer no more. He said something about them taking action, I assume that it was a veiled threat against me.

Eto pa. My wife called the girl to explain our side (kasama kasi yung asawa ko sa aksidente). Utang na loob pa daw namin yung hindi niya pag-file ng police report. My wife corrected her, saying that she was the one in a hurry to go home, while we were willing to go through legal SOP. Besides, I was repeatedly offering medical assistance to her, which meant that I would have to bring her to the hospital and, if need, be, stay with her there until the whole thing was sorted out. She consistently refused, kaya hindi niya pwedeng sabihin na tinakasan ko siya. She was already raising her voice at the other end, kaya nagpanting na din yung tenga ng misis ko. Isinumbong ng misis ko sa kanya yung sinabi sa akin ng officemate niya, na kesyo makapal daw ako dahil inuutakan ko daw sila. She didn't even acknowledge it, just brushed it aside. My wife was still trying to explain our side when suddenly the line was cut. Later, sinabi sa akin ni misis na impression niya, ayaw akong kausapin nung girl kasi may tinatago siya, otherwise bakit ibang tao yung pinapakausap niya sa akin?

Nag-text na lang ako dun sa babae. I corrected the her officemate's impression that I was blaming her for the accident; I was simply pointing out na may joint responsibility naman kami sa nagyari, and that I have yet to see her acknowledge her part. I told her that my offer still stands, because gusto ka na ring matapos yung repairs niya. And I added that if she wouldn't talk to me, then I will not speak to anyone else on her behalf, only herself. Not her officemate, not her dad, not anyone. And right, malabo ngang umabot sa korte ito. Ang lagay eh, they could afford the expenses of litigation, pero hindi nila kayang sagutin yung balanse ng repairs sa sasakyan nila?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so.. is she hot?

the guy just wants to get in her pants :D

hayaan mo lang, i get the impression na all bark no bite tong mga to. pero prepare yourself nalang for an escalation-sana hindi umabot ng ganon.

*sir flagg,
    jackpot pala si judge hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tingin ko kailangan mong bayaran yung gumawa. Partial lang kasi ang mababayad ng insurance. Humingi ng resibo. Tapos pa-pirma ng quit-claim. Ayos na.

Ganon talaga e. Choice nya yung talyer kasi ikaw ang naka-bangga.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Collision advice (medyo mahaba)