New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    you have comprehensive insurance to protect you from these sort of things. dapat nga hindi mo kinakausap ung 2nd party. dapat insurance company ang mag settle nyan with them. and also, tell that lady driver that no one should be talking with you or the insurance company than her. sya lang involved, not her father, not her officemates.
    Last edited by slip-slick; June 10th, 2006 at 04:55 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Tingin ko kailangan mong bayaran yung gumawa. Partial lang kasi ang mababayad ng insurance. Humingi ng resibo. Tapos pa-pirma ng quit-claim. Ayos na.

Ganon talaga e. Choice nya yung talyer kasi ikaw ang naka-bangga.
    Noted. However, as things stand, my insurance company was already gracious enough to accommodate her claim, considering that we had neither a police report nor a notarized affidavit. They provided us with an incident report form with which to narrate the events and sign by them. And she never did contest my narration, when she could have called me to clarify any questionable details prior to affixing her signature. It's not like the insurance company will just release the money, period; they will also provide an accredited shop where the money will be used to repair the vehicle, plain and simple. Bending even farther back, they offered to pick up the vehicle at her house, and then return it themselves after the repairs are done, saving her the hassle of having to drive the vehicle to their shop.

Again, in retrospect, she was well within her rights to file a police report, and I would have obliged. But then, it was she who decided against it, saying that she was in a hurry. Ok, I said. She was in too much of a hurry as to even decline my repeated offers of medical and towing assistance, which would have allowed us to discuss the matter for an extended period of time. It just doesn't feel right, almost as if she had something to hide. Maybe I should have insisted, but then I had the impression that I was talking to an educated and reasonable person.

I might have eventually considered paying the balance and charging the whole matter to experience. However, what changed my mind was the fact that she let other people speak on her behalf, people whom I readily accommodated even as I expected nothing but badgering, harassment and insults. In contrast, our last conversation had us both having an amiable tone toward each other.

On my end, just one person has spoken for me, and only lately: that is my wife, because she was also there when it happened. I simply find it unfair that the other party does not have the decency to face the situation with me despite her direct involvement, leaving it instead to other people to speak for her. These people were not even at the scene in the first place, yet they make demands as if they were directly affected by the matter.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 11th, 2006 at 12:28 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    oo sir, hayaan mu na lang sila sa insurance...

ngayun pag sila ang tinecnical ng insurance....
    wala police report, pic ng actual accident, etc...

eh sila patay.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Baka pasikat lang si male officemate?
    hehehe. eto sa kanya!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I guess that insurance isn't required in the Philippines to operate a vehicle. Anyways, you are already acknowledging fault since you did rear end her vehicle and even here in the states you would be at fault for not allowing enough distance to react to a sudden stop. Since you have already given the information to your insurance they should be talking to your insurance and not you. All negotiating should be done by the them with the insurance company, this is why you pay insurance so you don't have to deal with these things.

You made a mistake after accident by not calling the police to get a report. They may have found her as the guilty party after their investigation, but you will never know that now. Since she acknowledged to operating defective vehicle in your accident report to the insurance you may be able to file a counter suit if they sue you in civil court. Have you and your wife been checked by a doctor? Accident injuries do not always show up immediately after the accident, you can file a counter suit that because of her negligence in maintaining a properly operating motor vehicle you suffered said injuries because of the accident. Having a vehicle licensed and registered means you agree to be liable for any accidents, injuries, and deaths that vehicle may cause because of negligence in operating and maintaining it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bro bogey, ibigay mo na lang kaya yung 2k na hinihingi nila? kasi isipin mo yung psychological effect nito sa inyong mag-asawa (sleepless nights, tension, etc) and in worst cases, yung action na gagawin nitong police daw na father nung girl (iba na trumabaho nag pulis ngayon, kahit inosente ka gagawan ka ng kaso). Ambag ambag na lang kaya tayo fellow tsikoteers?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    hirap talaga makipag-ayos sa ayaw makipag-ayos! Pero if nakita nila na you wont budge, titigil din yan. They would soon realize na pag di pa nila tinanggap, wala lalo sila makukuha. kasi sa demandahan wala sila panalo, noblotter/police report to hold onto.

legal ba yung accident report na ginawa mo at pinirmahan nya (without notary)?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ALWAYS have a police report made. That is one of your defense. Never pity no matter how the other party pleads, they will be influenced by other parties once they get home.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick
    you have comprehensive insurance to protect you from these sort of things. dapat nga hindi mo kinakausap ung 2nd party. dapat insurance company ang mag settle nyan with them. and also, tell that lady driver that no one should be talking with you or the insurance company than her. sya lang involved, not her father, not her officemates.
    Good point.

Let the insurance guys take care of that.

By the way, those are just empty threats. If they are too cheapskate to shoulder for the P2K balance or have their broken down vehicle towed / repaired, chances are that they don't have the capability to file a case against you.

And if they do try to threaten you further... well... try faxing them your company ID and let's see who chickens out first.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    ALWAYS have a police report made. That is one of your defense. Never pity no matter how the other party pleads, they will be influenced by other parties once they get home.
    i learned this from my own experiences too. it's for your own protection. yung mga taong ayaw tumawag ng pulis, most of the time, may tinatago (no insurance, baka hiram lang yung kotse, illegal...US only ). like walter said, no pity, it's actually the right thing to do. also, kung may mga witnesses, write down their names and phone numbers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Collision advice (medyo mahaba)