I had a conversation this morning with one of the agents of Task Force Limbas (TMG). They brought in a car to our place to cross reference our records with suspect cars. We supply parts to some manufacturers and we have numbers in our parts. Anyways here are some of the things that I learned.

1. Pajero is the hottest item in a carnapper's list. It is so easy to open the doors and jump start. Kaya daw less than 1 minute.

2. Other hot items are AUVs and SUVs.

3. Altis is easy target also.

4. Xtrails are hard to open but it is still a hot item. So "tutok" ang option ng carnapper.

5. Ingat tayo sa Manila, Caloocan, Navotas, and Valenzuela. A lot of incidents happen in these places.

6. Carnapper's know the secret numbers on cars. Aside from usual engine and chassis numbers, manufacturers put secret numbers on other parts.

7. Advise nung agent: Put distinguishing marks on your car like hidden names, stickers, engraving etc. This will help them identify if its your car when they recovered it even though all the numbers are tampered.

8. Glass etching of plate numbers will help coz it deters carnappers. Extra gastos sa kanila palitan yung glass so they rather target those without.

I hope these things are of help to you guys. Ingat tayo.