New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I had a conversation this morning with one of the agents of Task Force Limbas (TMG). They brought in a car to our place to cross reference our records with suspect cars. We supply parts to some manufacturers and we have numbers in our parts. Anyways here are some of the things that I learned.

1. Pajero is the hottest item in a carnapper's list. It is so easy to open the doors and jump start. Kaya daw less than 1 minute.

2. Other hot items are AUVs and SUVs.

3. Altis is easy target also.

4. Xtrails are hard to open but it is still a hot item. So "tutok" ang option ng carnapper.

5. Ingat tayo sa Manila, Caloocan, Navotas, and Valenzuela. A lot of incidents happen in these places.

6. Carnapper's know the secret numbers on cars. Aside from usual engine and chassis numbers, manufacturers put secret numbers on other parts.

7. Advise nung agent: Put distinguishing marks on your car like hidden names, stickers, engraving etc. This will help them identify if its your car when they recovered it even though all the numbers are tampered.

8. Glass etching of plate numbers will help coz it deters carnappers. Extra gastos sa kanila palitan yung glass so they rather target those without.

I hope these things are of help to you guys. Ingat tayo.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    zeagle thanks for the tip

san kaya pwede i glass etch?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa windshield pa glass etch mo pangalan mo. heheheehehe

sigurado mahihirapan sila dahil mahal nang windshield

zeagle: salamat! pina glass etching mo na windshield mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699
    sa windshield pa glass etch mo pangalan mo. heheheehehe

sigurado mahihirapan sila dahil mahal nang windshield
    merong taxi ganyan...ang laki ng naka etch sa rear glass...plate number nya

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    MgaTol,
    Seriuosly, glass etching sounds really great but pano na kung tutok so anybody thought of bulletproofing? I'm sure it's not for politicians or gangsters lang yan if you really value ur life or ur love ones.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    somebody demonstrated to me how to open mitsu vehicles using a screwdriver. i-angat lang ang door handle sabay tusok pataas sa lock.
    yun na! unlock na siya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or you could buy a rabid pitbull and leave him inside the car.
    or maybe a 6-foot long python

seriously though, lahat ng anti-carnapping devices may counter yung mga carnappers e. what if you take a small (yet essential) part of the engine with you when u park in suspicious places? hmmm

MgaTol,
    Seriuosly, glass etching sounds really great but pano na kung tutok so anybody thought of bulletproofing? I'm sure it's not for politicians or gangsters lang yan if you really value ur life or ur love ones.
    An effective but expensive alternative. Plus your vehicles gas consumption will rise because of the added weight.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    An effective but expensive alternative. Plus your vehicles gas consumption will rise because of the added weight.
    You're definitely correct... but i'd rather drop all porma accessories and spend gas more if that could make me feel safer... or rather be safer...hmmm. nakaka praning...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chit chat: Carnapping