New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e2fee View Post
    If you flee from a fender bender without getting name, driver's license number, license plate number, pictures, police report, etc., etc., etc. will your insurance cover the repair cost?
    yes pwede. hit and run ang usual declared cause of the damage.

regarding sa carjack. yep run away nalang. lalo na kung alam nyong maliit lang yung bump. mas mahirap mapahamak e. mas murang insurance na mag repair ng konting damage.

pwede kayang every 10 years nalang ang election para hindi every 3 years e tumataas ang carjacking incident

magigigng every 10years na nun

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    On the other hand, if you don't stop and try to run instead, there is a chance that it is the Philippine police/TMG who will gun you down, as in this case...

http://handseye.blogspot.com/2005/11...fferently.html
    http://clearfx.blogspot.com/

As carjacking becomes more rampant, extrajudicial killings by the police of suspected carjackers (who you could be mistaken for) could also increase.

Damned if you stop, damned if you don't.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Hey don't look at me!

I had to boost 50 cars in one night

:D

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    e2fee: there's no connection between that and stopping when you get "bumped".

Anyway, while i feel sorry for your friends, circumstances killed them. They were flagged down, they didn't stop. It's not correct to say that Authorities don't have the right to flag you down just because you're driving innocently. They have all the right and you don't have to worry about anything if you have nothing to hide, hence you should stop. Besides, it was a rented car (or apparently stolen also accdg to the news) so why not stop? I mean it's just a cheap sedan that's not even theirs.

Witnesses from their school also turned out and pointed that they infact sell stolen cars (from what i remember).

The police were not wearing marked cars and uniforms kasi manghuhuli nga e. How are you gonna apprehend a thief if from afar, you're gonna shout you're a policeman? These people need the element of surprise to effectively do their job when the mouse steps into the trap.

Those circumstances makes one question the reaction of the people that led to their demise. Why didn't they stop if they have nothing to hide and nothing to lose?

If for example, Police flags me down then turned out to be criminals, sure they can take my car. There's insurance who'll replace it anyway so why risk my life over it? Besides, no amount of money can bring life back, so we should never choose properties over our lives at all times.

Criminals should all die. They don't have the right to live.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    may nagsabi sa'kin dati basta malapit kayo sa kampo alisto na kayo. camp karingal (teacher's village area), camp aguinaldo (project 4 area), fort bonifacio (c5 area).

dyan more likely kayo ma-carjack kasi the perpetrators are moonlighting police and soldiers themselves.

now I dont know why sobrang naging hotspot ang Mindanao, Visayas ave. these days, may kampo pa dun?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    e2fee: there's no connection between that and stopping when you get "bumped".

Anyway, while i feel sorry for your friends, circumstances killed them. They were flagged down, they didn't stop. It's not correct to say that Authorities don't have the right to flag you down just because you're driving innocently. They have all the right and you don't have to worry about anything if you have nothing to hide, hence you should stop. Besides, it was a rented car (or apparently stolen also accdg to the news) so why not stop? I mean it's just a cheap sedan that's not even theirs.

Witnesses from their school also turned out and pointed that they infact sell stolen cars (from what i remember).

The police were not wearing marked cars and uniforms kasi manghuhuli nga e. How are you gonna apprehend a thief if from afar, you're gonna shout you're a policeman? These people need the element of surprise to effectively do their job when the mouse steps into the trap.

Those circumstances makes one question the reaction of the people that led to their demise. Why didn't they stop if they have nothing to hide and nothing to lose?

If for example, Police flags me down then turned out to be criminals, sure they can take my car. There's insurance who'll replace it anyway so why risk my life over it? Besides, no amount of money can bring life back, so we should never choose properties over our lives at all times.

Criminals should all die. They don't have the right to live.
    If they were bumped from behind, then that's not the proper way to stop somebody. If there was an unmarked car, then they should not get into contact first kung gusto ka nila paparahin, otherwise that's property damage na rin even if their intent was good (just to pull you over).

Agreed, criminals should all die. Better yet, be punished severely first so they will suffer, and then die.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Scary times indeed.

These days I don't dare take an SUV when staying out late at night anymore. Parang mainit sa mata ng carjackers.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Peeps hello! Medyo matagal din akong hndi nakapagpost dito sa Tsikot.

Tanong lang, what does election have to do with carjacking?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    5 alleged car thieves slain in shootout with police
    INQUIRER.net

MANILA, Philippines -- Five suspected car thieves were killed after a shootout with traffic policemen in Quezon City's Fairview district before dawn on Monday, a police spokesman said.

At around 3 a.m. operatives of the Traffic Management Group's (TMG) Task Force Limbas spotted a red Toyota Revo with license plate
    VBX-401, which was "suspiciously roaming" the Quezon City memorial circle, said Superintendent Edwin Butacan, TMG spokesman.

The TMG policemen had later verified that the license plate of the Revo was registered to an Isuzu Crosswind owned by a certain Frederick Duller, which had been reported stolen in Taguig City on June 27, 2005,
    Butacan said.

The policemen chased the Revo until the Fairview district, near the Holy Rosary Chapel and the SM Fairview mall. The TMG operatives tried to stop the suspects, who responded by firing at them, Butacan said.

"The suspects fired the first shot. We just fought back," he said.

All five suspects on board the Revo died on the spot due to gunshot
    wounds. The vehicle skidded to the roadside, Butacan said.

The hood of the police patrol car that chased the suspects was damaged in the shooting, the spokesman said.

Three .45-caliber pistols, a .9-millimeter pistol, and a shotgun were
    recovered from the suspects, believed to be members of a syndicate operating in Bulacan province, he said.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    politicians need money to burn but they need quick source so they steal cars and sell them for easy money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Carjackers Spree In QC:12 Cars In 12 Days