New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    when driving along buendia crossing south superhighway going to taft ave, be careful not to stop at the middle of the intersection wherein you might think stopping there is allowed when traffic light turn red. Since crossing that intersection is a long stretch, you have to slow down first crossing the railroad then the middle portion(with island at the side separating the two direction) then cross the intersection again to other side of buendia. One time I crossed that intersection and stopped at the middle and was flagged down by Mapsa officer and I argued with him. Result he invented many traffic violation like traffic obstruction, passing thru red light(in fact I stopped at the middle of the intersection which is big enough not obstructing traffic) and other violation which ended up paying 3T for the ticket.The Mapsa officer is choosing private vehicle only, they even assisted a bus also stopped at the intersection. This is the point of my argument which led to those invented violations on my ticket.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kelan nangyari sayo yan sir.

ako, never naman nasita on the lane after the railroad.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    it happen sometime in october last year. I t so happen that there is a patrol car parked at the side of the center island and the vehicle on my right swerve to my lane because of the obstruction of the parked patrol car. So I have to slow down and the traffic light turn red. To avoid further accident. I stopped at the middle which is so wide and not obstructing the flow of traffic. I lodge a complain at Makati but the hearing was set 3 weeks later. And the traffic ticket is good only for metro manila but I travel to nearby provinces which will made me driving without license. So I paid the 3t fine. I insisted that the hearing will continue even I paid the fine . When hearing time arrived , the arresting officer did not appeared which made me feel frustrated because I really want to confront him.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isn't there a big, big yellow X bounded by a square on that intersection?

:popcorn:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hmm... lagi po ako dun hindi naman ako nasisita. baka naman nagbago ulit sila ng patakaran. alam mo naman yang mga mapsa na yan.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    *kinyo, yep meron.

technically, violation talaga yun sana dineretso mo na lang. namimimili talaga yan mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Agree here.

Technically, it is a violation since any intersection is a zebra zone. A vehicle can pass through it but should not stay on it.

The sad thing though is that the implementation of the traffic law here in our country is unfair and is not consistent, as in the case of the bus that you mentioned..... Grabe talaga!

5101:pcwhack:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Laki naman ng hinigi sayo, sana pinakiusapan mo na lang, minsan mas mura kung mag sorry ka na lang e =)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=kinyo;987530]isn't there a big, big yellow X bounded by a square on that intersection?
    Yap there is a yelow X bounded by a square on that intersection but It is allowed on the intersection Aurora blvd crossing Edsa. I f the traffic light turn red, you have to stop at the middle if not you will be caught.
    Maybe I am not familiar with Makati but they are choosy with private car. After being sideline by this Mapsa officer, another Mapsa officer even assisted a bus with the same situation as mine stopping at the middle of intersection.

be carefurl along buendia crossing south superhighway