New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Vinj, yun LTO nakikisabay sa uso sa fashion. Pinapaulit ulit nalang yun mga first letters of the plate. Bumalik na ulit sa uso yun baston, flare, sperry top siders.... Elementary and high school days ko yun. Baka mamaya babalik na ulit sa uso yun cole haan na uso naman during college days. N= 80's P= early 90's T= mid 90's U= late 90's

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think the plate series also varies between the LTO offices they are issued at (depending on how fast the stock moves). When there's a plate number shortage, they also look back at old stocks they can scour. My friend also had her TS* plate last year and yet, the Vios at the office which just got it's plate was TO*.
    One thing that pisses me off with this, bakit hindi nalang kasi sunud-sunod yung ibigay na plates ng LTO? Obviously they're skipping on some combinations. I mean, assuming there are about 30,000 car purchases per year (ilan nga ba hahaha), di dapat ganito kabilis magcycle through the plates.

Each set of letters comes (e.g. NAI-xxx) with a possible 999 plates. Assume mo nang 900 kasi merong mga itatabing plates na special (111, 808, 999, etc). Then we cycle through the letters, NBI, NCI...NZI, before moving on to NAO, NBO, etc. If they did this, the N-series of plates should have lasted around 5 years since we had 6 letter series (N*I, N*O, N*Q, NI*, NO*, NQ*) to exhaust. But no, N-plates surfaced around 2008 and were gone by 2010.

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure naisip din 'to nung LTO people. Or, given the ineptitude of those in the public sector, baka nga posibleng they didn't have enough foresight to see that mauubos din kagad yung plates.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Possibly because of demand for certain plate endings and also the readability of certain letter combinations is my best bet. It's hard also if some letter combinations are close to each other (i.e. O and Q).

I think there are still some letters never used. Are there standard I, J, O, M, and Q start plate series out already in the provinces before?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Nakuha namin yung kotse Mar 30,2012 tapos last week lang namin nakuha yung plates via courier. pero hindi ko mailabas yung kotse dahil sa alala na baka masita ako ng mga kotong cops. so ginagawa ko para lang mapatakbo yung kotse, sa NLEX ako nagda-drive since lapit lang ako sa A. Bonifacio

sa New York, pagbili mo ng kotse may plaka ng ikakabit yung dealer bago mo ilabas sa kanila. kaya wala kang makikitang brandnew car na walang plaka....

bwisit talaga LTO, minsan hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit wala silang mga common sense. ang kawawa dito yung mga motorista na kelangan talaga gamitin yung kotse eh....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just don't go around Makati.

Meron ka naman sales invoice na ipapakita if ever patigilin ka ng MMDA. And usually, they honor that. Huwag lang ipakita mo yung invoice na may maling date. He-he!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    A quote from KEN42N from fortunerclub.net.ph

Quote Originally Posted by KEN42N
    Just from personal experience:

It only takes half-a-day for a vehicle to be issued new registration, provided that all documentary requirements are submitted.

The problem is not with the LTO, specially if we only requested for a generic (not special) plate.

The issue is that the DEALER and the Auto Manufacturer (name them -- TOYOTA, MITSUBISHI, HYUNDAI, CHEVROLET, KIA, HONDA) take sooooooooo long to put together the documents. For example, w/ Toyota Dasmarinas, it took them more than 3 weeks to complete all documents (as provided by TMP) before the dealer's liaison officer went to LTO Tagaytay to submit the same. SURE, they've reserved a plate number requested even beforehand (and that's an internal arrangement for the price of 1.5K), but again, the registration will only be processed if documents are complete.

It's not the LTO gentlemen, it's the dealer and manufacturer w/c is the cause of delay.

So to answer, why authorize a Conduction Sticker for use for 1 week. Because in the eyes of the LTO, registration can be initiated in a day, if the dealer is earnest enough to complete the requirements.
    HELP.. no PLATE no TRAVEL policy

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

LTO na nga mismo nagsabing kulang sila sa plaka.... ma-submit nga lahat ng documents in time pero kung walang available na plaka, eh di wala....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012

kung ang problema ay nasa dealer pwede bang bayaran nalang ng dealer kung ano man ang dapat bayaran then give us the needed docs para tayo nalang maglakad kaysa hintayin p natin ipunin nila bago nila dalhin s lto .....kung tlgang wala pang 1day ang processing to get our plate #.......yan ay kung pwede lng po....hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008

quote from KEN42N is about the registration.. not the plates.

just want to be clear...

BR

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Possibly because of demand for certain plate endings and also the readability of certain letter combinations is my best bet. It's hard also if some letter combinations are close to each other (i.e. O and Q).

I think there are still some letters never used. Are there standard I, J, O, M, and Q start plate series out already in the provinces before?
    We previously didn't use Q, O and I plates because they looked like O, 0 and 1, respectively. But with the change in plate font, the LTO was able to revive old series (N**, P**, T**) by using previously unavailable combinations. I've seen combinations such as NQO and NOO, and I still think that the letter Q is hard to distinguish from O if you're viewing from a distance, but the LTO apparently thinks these are readable enough to be issued.

Form what I've noticed, plates issued in other regions still don't use the aforementioned characters, but since they're using the same font as NCR plates, they technically can. I wish they would though, instead of having to backtrack a few years down the line.

Once we re-cycle through U-series, W-series, X-series and Z-series plates, I wonder what's next? 4-letter-2-number schemes?

Car Plates sa LTO Ubos na!