New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    The casa has my car for exactly 11 months right now!

I was involved in a car accident last June 2019 in C5 when a dump truck abruptly cut our lane. I took the vehicle to the car dealership where I bought the car on the same month. Our car was insured and our insurance released a " letter of authority to repair " to our dealership on June 27 2019.

Up to this very date the car is still with them because of backjobs, poor quality control and with the extended community quarantine. There were also instances that I had to purchase 2 of the parts because their not trying hard enough to look for one so they could start working on the paint job!

Last Febuary 29 was one of those instances that I had to deliver a part. I was already in CAA Road Las Pinas probably 10 mins away from the dealership when my pregnant wife called me. She was crying already and she told me her mom, who had an operation a few days back in Makati Med, was being resuscitated. So I had to rush back home to pick her up and proceed to Makati Med. Unfortunately my mother in law passed away that day. If I was just at home that day we could have made it to Makati Med via Skyway in less than 20 mins but I was delivering a car part so they can start working on the rapair because it's already dragging on for 9 months already back then already!

I also found out that they were suppose to replace a part that was paid for by the insurance and it was only repaired via "pukpok" method, some parts were poor quality with chip-off and scratches. Now I'm not even sure if they replaced the parts with brand new ones or surplus/just used ones.

They also have no plans of updating me on the status of repair unless I call them to inquire about it. Of course I would expect some form of priority from them since they have our car since June 20 of 2019!

Right now the only remaining part of the repair that needs to be replaced are the 2 OEM rims that were damaged by the accident.

I have already filled a complaint at DTIs FTEB department but due to the current situation they can't do anything as of the moment.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sorry for your lost.
    Can you post a picture of your car after the accident. Para makita ang damage kung justifiable ba yung tagal ng repair time.
    Minsan kasi mahirap i procure yung ibang parts.

Sang casa yan? Ano insurance mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is horrible! Shouldn't the car been declared total wreck if it takes that long to repair?!?

Same question as glenn_duke, what casa and insurance?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Car brand and saan dealership. I don't think melrn problema sa insurwnce niya since nag issue agad ng LOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag ganyan na katagal sa casa baka kinahoy na ibang pyesa nyan at pinalitan ng repaired.

Do they even trickle charge the battery during this period? Baka pabilihin ka bigla ng baterya pag kuha mo? Do they clean the interior regularly, baka amoy amag na?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    can you share the car brand/year and which dealership?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dapat ilantad yung brand and dealership

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Car brand and saan dealership. I don't think melrn problema sa insurwnce niya since nag issue agad ng LOA.

Hindi blank check ang LOA, lately may progressive billing mga dealer sa mga insurance companies, pag hindi nakabigay yung insurance hold din trabaho.
    Dati at end of repair lang billing sa insurance, pero dahil sa dami ng reklamo sa DTI na ayaw irelease yung repaired vehicle dahil sa insurance, naging wise na mga casa.

And follow up question, since June 2019 yung accident, kailan naman na release yung LOA?
    May accident ako dati na inabot ng 6 months yung pag release ng LOA, kasalanan naman ng casa.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; May 25th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Hindi blank check ang LOA, lately may progressive billing mga dealer sa mga insurance companies, pag hindi nakabigay yung insurance hold din trabaho.
    Dati at end of repair lang billing sa insurance, pero dahil sa dami ng reklamo sa DTI na ayaw irelease yung repaired vehicle dahil sa insurance, naging wise na mga casa.

And follow up question, since June 2019 yung accident, kailan naman na release yung LOA?
    May accident ako dati na inabot ng 6 months yung pag release ng LOA, kasalanan naman ng casa.
    Naka break down naman lahat ng papalitan saka price sa LOA then yun mga additional na makikita yun ang kailangan mg bagong LOA.

Depende din siguro sa Insurance company pero pag malalaki naman and meron ng ralationship sa casa, LOA lang ok na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabihin mo na yun brand saka kung saan dealership.

Don't give me the usual. "I'll give them a chance first to rectify" before sabihin.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast