New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Nothing good can be described to Filipino jeepney, bus, and tricycle drivers when it comes to their driving habits kahit saang lugar ka pa dito sa Pilipinas pumunta (not only in EDSA) or kahit siguro nung panahon pa ng lolo't lola ko for the reason that most of them were, are, will be uneducated and illiterate in the near future. I just hope I'm wrong.
    Sorry but I would have to disagree. Mas magagalang sila dati.

I remember in my elementary days my Dad just bought his Mazda; mapapansin mo noon na iniiwasan nilang matamaan ang mga bagong sasakyan, lalo na makintab pa. Ngayon grabe sila makadikit kahit gaano pa kaganda sasakyan mo. Ang yayabang pa sumingit, tapos pag tinamaan ka automatic na tatanggihan nila at babaligtarin ka pa. Pag sinabi na ng pulis na sya talaga may kasalan saka lang titiklop tapos parang maamong tupa bigla.

Tapos noon pag binusinahan mo dahil nakaharang sa daan, aandar kaagad sila. Kung hindi man, pag-overtake mo, tataas nila isang kamay nila sabay "Pasensya na ho." I remember this clearly because my Dad was fuming mad and he rolled down the passenger window and was about to curse the driver, pagsabi nun ng driver di na kumibo dad ko tapos umandar na. Elementary din po yun.

Then again when I was in grade I, I think. We were living at Makiling street in Mandaluyon then. My sister was running around my schoolbus habang pababa ako. Sakto pagsulpot nya sa gilid, may nakatamang jeepney sa kanya. Buti na lang makapit yung break ng jeepney. Takbuhan na mga tao. My dad immediately checked my sister, tapos nakita nya sugat lang sa labi na maliit, nilapitan nya jeepney driver. The jeepney driver immediately emptied his wallet tsaka yung lalagyan nila ng pera na kahoy, offering my dad wads of cash and saying he was sorry again ang again. My dad just smiled and said, "Okay lang, maliit lang namang gasgas." And that was that.

Mas magalang sila dati. Yung mga anak nila ang problema. Habang dumadami at tumatagal naiipon ang masasamang ugali.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wave105 View Post
    This big JAC liner bus squeeze its way thru traffic knowing na malaki ang dala niya manggitgit ba naman this happened just last monday; tiningnan ko plate number nya walangjoh coding pala siya and doon nagsumiksik sa secondary road to avoid being apprehended by the authorities.
    In fairness, di lang sila ang mga gumagawa ng stupid moves to avoid being apprehended.

Just last week while driving towards Makati Med, There was this very bright, new Toyota Camry on my right who suddenly made a left towards me! What the ef..! Talagang akala ko gusto nya ko banggain, e lampas lang ang nguso nya sa kin by about 2 feet! I made a hard left (buti na lang walang sasakyan dun noon) then a slow down. I honked my horn pero diretso pa rin sya at lumipat sa kaliwa ko pa.

Ayun, coding pala sya at may mga nakamotorsiklong pulis sa right lane.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *praetor:

Simple, honest apologies are rare today. Those orangutans have it in their thick-skinned, hollow heads that whoever is the more aggressive is the right one.

I'd dare say that part of the reason why some people out there pack heat inside their cars is because of fear of unwarranted attacks by apes with bribed/fake licenses brandishing tire irons.

-

Also, I would've reported that prick in the Camry to the policeman. Just because of that stunt.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    I've stopped talking to policemen unless I really needed to.

I've posted it here at tsikot before: ang haba ng traffic sa bicutan and when i saw a group of gray-clad traffic enforcers at the intersection, I told them "Ang haba na ng trafffic sa likod." Di ba, para alam nila na bigyan din ng time umandar yung galing ng Sucat?

One of them said, "Gusto mo ikaw dito?"

Buti na lang palayo na ko nun and I really didn't hear what he said at first, I just asked my wife, "Ano daw sabi?"

When she told me what the pri*k said, I wanted to get out of the car to confront him and get his name so I can report it. Sabi ni wifey pabayaan na lang daw, hassle pa.
    Last edited by praetor91313; August 9th, 2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added "stopped" because I forgot to type it in.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Well, we all know that, despite the fact that a traffic enforcer's job is hard, it's pretty hard to sympathize with them due to the fact that majority of them have no shred of common sense nor logic (catch the small offenses, ignore the large ones), can smell potential 'victims' from a hundred meters away and usually do not contribute in the improvement of traffic flow.

-

Yan din ang problema dito. Bulok ang sistema. You want to report a prick on the road? Ikaw pa mahahassle at mapapagod. All those LTRFB 'How's my driving?' signs on PUV's? Absolute garbage. Because after reporting, they ask you if you're willing to attend a hearing. Do you think 99% of people would bother to waste their time on a stupid hearing about some imbecile driving like an animal instead of just, I dunno, going to work or something?

Sheer stupidity, I tell you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Buses and other PUV (not all and just ranting)