The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Calling card lang katapat nyan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Err...parang hindi na kailangan ng Bill banning the use of sidewalks for parking kasi talaga namang bawal, dati pa:

Sec. 52 of R.A. 4136 otherwise known as the Traffic Code of the Philippines states:

"Section 52. Driving or parking on sidewalk. - No person shall drive or park a motor vehicle upon or along any sidewalk, path or alley not intended for vehicular traffic or parking."

For business activities, eh covered na ng MMDA Resolution No. 02-28 http://www.mmda.gov.ph/MMCResolution...es%2002-28.doc

So, I really don't know what a redundant law will do as the above laws/ordinances have been in effect for a long time already.
    Implementation problem.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Calling card lang katapat nyan.
    Calling card? Baka EA na AA ang katapat nyan!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    So how would they categorize a legit sidewalk vs a parking space of the commercial / residential owner? Diba yung ibang establishments sagad sa kalsada yung parking spaces?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    So how would they categorize a legit sidewalk vs a parking space of the commercial / residential owner? Diba yung ibang establishments sagad sa kalsada yung parking spaces?
    Simple. If it isn't in the business owner's property line, he can't use it for parking or for extension of his store.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tama lang ito. I reviewed the Land Transportation Code and did not find a statement prohibiting parking on roadside/sidewalks (there's a prohibition about parking close to street corner). But then enforcement is another matter.

Look at Mercedes Avenue Pasig. A portion of that road close to Shell is being used to park long trailer trucks for San Miguel Beer under a sign put up by MMDA which says "No parking ". That distributor is raking in profits for itself at our expense. I wonder if it pays the right taxes.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    dapat bilis-bilisan yan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano pag private subdivision, sakop ba?

sa subdivision namin "one side parking" ang rule, and that side happens to be on our side of the street. all the homeowners on the other side of the street eh sa side namin nagpa-park on reserved slots. for me at least 1 of my vehicles is parked outside, most of the time 2 (katamad magpasok sa garahe kasi 5x a day ginagamit kotse ) according to the homeowners' association pwede kami mag-park sa sidewalk sa harap namin and pedestrians use the sidewalk on the other side of the street (where there is no parking allowed).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    paano pag private subdivision, sakop ba?

sa subdivision namin "one side parking" ang rule, and that side happens to be on our side of the street. all the homeowners on the other side of the street eh sa side namin nagpa-park on reserved slots. for me at least 1 of my vehicles is parked outside, most of the time 2 (katamad magpasok sa garahe kasi 5x a day ginagamit kotse ) according to the homeowners' association pwede kami mag-park sa sidewalk sa harap namin and pedestrians use the sidewalk on the other side of the street (where there is no parking allowed).
    It seems public areas lang ang sakop nitong proposed bill:

Rep. Al Francis Bichara (2nd District, Albay) has filed House Bill 4986, which seeks to ban the "use of sidewalks and public roads for parking, business and sport activities, and other purposes inimical to the interest of pedestrians."

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Pano kaya yung mga gimikan sa gabi like qc area's west ave, banawe, timog, etc. Sa kalsada na nakapark mga sasakyan.
    it would be better kung parang sa makati cbd. bawal magpark on certain spots and times of the day. di talaga maiiwasan yang roadside parking lalo residential area na di naman route ng jeep or alternate route or christmas lane. andyan na yung mga sasakyan ng mga residents na walang parking. you cant just force them to sell their vehicles or tell them to park on some vacant lot (which is non existent these days). of course unless you can file a bill prohibiting the registration of vehicles without a registered parking space.

Special permits for the temporary use of sidewalks may be issued, but for entertainment or leisure purposes only and not for businesses like vulcanizing shops, parking and advertising spaces.
    how about basketball courts? dapat tanggalin din yan. meron dito sa tapat ng bahay namin tinayo ng brgy peeps, for leisure purposes daw ng mga tambay imbis na mag-droga sila. malamang sa umaga basketball sila, sa gabi sila mag-drugs. lame reasoning ng govt peeps talaga. just for the votes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bill seeking to ban use of sidewalks for parking, business activities