New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    actually .. ako rin .. usually may sinusundan lang ako .. hindi pa naman ako nahuhuli .. pero kaya pala usually may nakikita akong hinuhuli .. pero i was thinking that it was for a different violation .. hehe ..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    Maybe you should have insisted the MMDA to point to you where is the sign that says NO LEFT TURN, if it really exists at all.
    yup there's a big sign.

OT: everyday, may pinapahinto mga MMDA sa area na yan sa side ng EDSA central, just at the foot before the underpass, i don't know kung bakit...probably swerving?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    There is indeed a sign on the MRT post but I didn't notice it because I was following a bus.

The TE also said there is another sign before the intersection but I didn't notice / mind it too thinking that it is still allowed to turn left.

I'll just be very careful and observant next time.
    I've seen the other sign yesterday.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yes indeed, the left turn from edsa to shaw is already prohibited. BUT you can make a U-turn.. labo.

buti na lang hinahatid ko sister ko sa school kaya i really have to make a u-turn.

teka, how do you go to shaw from edsa kung di ka mag uu-turn? ano mas mabilis na daan? kanan ka sa edsa central or direcho ka then maghanap ng u-turn slot?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_yoso
    yes indeed, the left turn from edsa to shaw is already prohibited. BUT you can make a U-turn.. labo.

buti na lang hinahatid ko sister ko sa school kaya i really have to make a u-turn.

teka, how do you go to shaw from edsa kung di ka mag uu-turn? ano mas mabilis na daan? kanan ka sa edsa central or direcho ka then maghanap ng u-turn slot?
    It's either you go straight ahead and take the next U-turn the turn right to Shaw or turn right to Shaw and take the next U-turn.

Yesterday, from Makati Buendia, I took the Makati Av. Mandaluyong way then turn right to Shaw the to Star Malls. Grabe lang ang traffic.
    Last edited by j_avonni; August 2nd, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matagal nang no left turn dyan (from EDSA to Shaw)... wala namang left turn traffic lights.

Yung iba kasi... sasabay lang kapag nag green yung Shaw... ayun... mag traffic lalo.

What you should do is to take a right before the new mall... left at the next corner... then tawid sa Shaw underpass.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Matagal nang no left turn dyan (from EDSA to Shaw)... wala namang left turn traffic lights.

Yung iba kasi... sasabay lang kapag nag green yung Shaw... ayun... mag traffic lalo.

What you should do is to take a right before the new mall... left at the next corner... then tawid sa Shaw underpass.
    ah so pwede to?? cge sir will try that on monday. thanks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    matagal na ba no left turn? I don't think so, kasi when I turn left, meron naman mmda that monitors that particular intersection. I think recently lang talaga nila nilagay ang sign na no left turn. 1st part of this year, wala pa yan.

The other option is to turn right at pioneer?? then go through the side streets na lalabas ka doon banda sa lourdes school, where you can turn left. But ang layo na yan.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kahapon ko lang din nakita yung sign board na yan! yup prohibited na nga ang pag left turn pero pwede ang u-turn, weird ! hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    bawal na pala? i just made a left turn there a few weeks ago ( and a few weeks before that pa nga eh) w/ the traffic enforcers even assisting me that's why this bit of news surprised me. anyway, thanks for the warning...kung hindi baka madali pa ko ng mmda doon this weekend

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BEWARE: "NO LEFT TURN" from EDSA to Shaw Blvd.