New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just informing those who are not yet aware that Left Turn from EDSA to Shaw Blvd. has been disallowed. Instead, you have to turn right to Shaw Blvd. and take a U-turn or go straight to EDSA and take a U-turn. What a waste of time and gasoline.

Every Tuesday, I go to Star Malls. But, yesterday, unaware of the change in traffic scheme, I turned left from EDSA (coming from Makati) to Shaw Blvd. Then, I was stopped by a batallion of MMDA Traffic Enforcers.

My reasonings and arguments were futile. However, the TE intimated something. So, I just gave him a donation.

BEWARE!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm. . . . I didn't know pwede pala mag left-turn dyan recently. I know that no left-turn dyan for years since I live just near that area. That's why all cars turns right to Edsa Central, then left just before the palengke, cuts thru the slot just under the Shaw flyover and turn left into Shaw.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    parang nakapag-left turn na ako dyan dati

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    nag-le-left at nag-u-uturn din ako diyan coming from makati .. u-turn din ba bawal na diyan ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nag bago na since way back na wala pa yan fly-over, dati na-u-uturn at left turn ako dyan tapos nagbawal. Nabuksan yun Boni tunnel kaya doon na lang ako dumadaan. Siguro nung tinayo na yun fly-over, pwede na ulit dahil nga lumuwag ng konti doon.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Uh, parang walang left turn dian noon pa, wala pang flyover, wala pang MRT. Although with MMDA changing schemes, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed it once and then stopped it and no signs were posted.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you should have insisted the MMDA to point to you where is the sign that says NO LEFT TURN, if it really exists at all.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep..sana may sign board.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There is indeed a sign on the MRT post but I didn't notice it because I was following a bus.

The TE also said there is another sign before the intersection but I didn't notice / mind it too thinking that it is still allowed to turn left.

I'll just be very careful and observant next time.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I assume the "no left turn at edsa/shaw" is part of the Shaw rerouting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BEWARE: "NO LEFT TURN" from EDSA to Shaw Blvd.