New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    question lang po.

Yung BDO ATM (debit mastercard) pwede po ba gamitin sa Cebu Pacific ticketing website? Gusto ko kasi mag-travel around the country kaso puro cash/debit card lang ako e. Wala ako CC.

Natanong ko lang po kasi pag ginagamit ko itong pambayad sa mga restaurants, para din syang CC, may pinipirmahan na confirmation sheet at wala nang PIN input.

TIA po
    as for using your debit card in their website, it depends if their system allows the use of debit cards (i.e. for pure debit cards).

also, since the card is considered to be issued in behalf of mastercard, it can be processed as a credit card though the inner workings between mastercard and the bank that issued it to you will have some kind of a twist.

and ito yung twist na gusto ng bank, kasi if your debit card was processed by the merchant as a credit card, then the bank & mastercard gets to share and collect discount charges (i.e. a certain % of sales) from the merchant but technically, the bank did not extend credit to the cardholder since his account will be debited right away. kung tutuusin ay lugi ang merchant dito kasi instead of only a minimal transaction fee ay yung mas malaking discount charge ang ibawas sa proceeds ng sale.

but merchants, in general, let this pass because they consider the "mastercard" or "visa" logo as a marketing tool to get a bigger share of the pie, in terms of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Nope. ATM is free everywhere it only applies to over the counter withdrawals...
    i agree that the 100 withdrawal fee is not assessed on withdrawals made through atms, as in the case for over-the-counter withdrawals.

pero meron ding atm withdrawal fee, which i believe is a lot less, and usually hindi ka ma-charge and this is generally true for atm withdrawals within the same bank network, although meron akong alam na mga banks that assess fees after several withdrawals within a month to discourage some customers from literally using their atm like a coin purse, as in patingi tingi lang ang kuha which makes the carrying cost of operation for the average account much higher than normal.

just to clarify though and correct me if i'm wrong, for atm withdrawal outside your own bank network (i.e. bdo atm card withdrawing from metrobank atm), i think meron itong charge.
    Last edited by slamtaz; March 18th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yes, meron talagang charge pag nag-withdraw ka sa ATM ng hindi mo naman bangko. it makes sense kasi nakikigamit ka ng ATM machine nila pero hindi ka naman nila client. hindi ka nila puwedeng pagkakitaan other than imposing a charge for the ATM withdrawal..

BPI/BFB nag-waive na ng interbranch deposits, especially if ang account mo is nasa province tapos dito ka sa MM mag-ddeposit..

ah ok lang naman pala, over-the-counter withdrawal naman pala ang may charge pag interbranch ang transaction. kaya ako, i open several accounts sa bangko para masagad PDIC insurance coverage, plus no need to fall in line when withdrawing over 20K. i'll just bring my 3-5 ATM cards then withdraw 20K each.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    sana may makabasang taga bdo nitong thread na to.
    kahit sa deposit may service charge sila pag sa ibang branch P50 for below P50K, P100 naman sa above.
    like ko lang sa bdo ay ang banking hours.
    ang alam ko, kahit ibang banks, eh may ganitong scheme eh. metrobank eh meron service charge

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Each banks has its pros and cons. While BPI has waived inter branch deposit/withdrawal fees, BDO has better rates for investment products and FX rates which are more important to me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

each bank has pros and cons

tulad nga mga bangko ni delos angeles

pro: double your money

con: pls. claim your PDIC insurance

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nyahahahaha!!!! Natawa ako dun ah. More like if you are one of our early depositors double your money and get out quickly if bago ka lang better convince someone else to deposit too or you're gonna carry the bag and you better hope its not you

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha

oo nga no?

keep an eye on new bank openings

lalo na mga rural never heard ones offering too-good-to-be-true interest rates

pag inaugurate ng new bank, mag open ng account agad

then close account after 6 months or 1 year

timing dapat

get out before it fails

hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    just few days before the legacy brouhaha broke, an assistant manager of a certain countryside bank offered me a scheme similar to legacy's. it just did not appeal to me no matter how hard the manager convinced me of the advantages it has over my bdo...a hassle free banking transaction, etc. the bank will do everything to make things easier for me, etc.

the offer comes with a bonus, i would be supplied two sacks of rice per month, the supply is coterminous with my timed deposit. few days later, i just learned that it went on a bank holiday...
    Last edited by ab_initio; March 18th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I remember my classmate back in college was given a free Nokia 7650 (during our time mahal pa yun) as an incentive to open an account with the Rural Bank of Paranque offering a hefty 2% monthly return (so mga 24% annual). I said no way halatang somethings cooking! But he also knows that and he was playing with fire. Ano na kaya nangyari sa pera nya? I hope he was able to get out before it collapsed...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya dapat happy na kayo sa BDO

hehe

hayaan nyo na ang mga fees na yan

kelangan nila kumita e

mahirap kumita ng pera ngayon

di sila pwede umasa sa loans lang

fees help a lot

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
BDO.......  WE find ways