New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I got into an accident with an SUV. The SUV braked suddenly and my car skidded and hit his rear. It damaged his bumper plus a small portion of the rear door.

So the MMDA got in and we initially decided to swap numbers and go on without the official MMDA police report.

Here now is the problem.

The driver sent the quotations but nothing was attached through email on Tuesday. But I told him to wait for my supplier who can repair the car also even at a faster time. However, just to be sure, my repair people would want to see the vehicle first but gave me a range of cost. On Wednesday, he sent the car to his desired repair shop already and told me that he has given me sufficient time to thresh out the issue.

The repair cost now is way above the quote of my supplier. My supplier only quoted 5,900 for the bumper damage while his supplier's cost is 18,000! The same supplier repaired by car (which had a bigger damage) for only 8,000.

The driver is now insisting that I pay the full 18,000. Is this fair and legal? What are my options?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    check if the SUV owner has comprehensive insurance which i believe he should have. makiusap ka na lang na declare as own damage and just pay for the participation fee. that should cost around 3-5K.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    oo nga.. i'm sure may comprehensive insurance yan.. bakit hindi na lang pinadaan don..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    check if the SUV owner has comprehensive insurance which i believe he should have. makiusap ka na lang na declare as own damage and just pay for the participation fee. that should cost around 3-5K.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    oo nga.. i'm sure may comprehensive insurance yan.. bakit hindi na lang pinadaan don..
    pag pinadaan as own damage, baka lumaki premium niya next year pag nag renew siya

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for responses. I checked with him already and he does not have comprehensive insurance. Kaya ang instructions niya is to pay the whole amount.

What do you think are my options?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    convince him na sa repair men mo na lang pagawa. since wala naman siyang comprehensive insurance. pineperahan ka niyan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i dont think that's true.. madami ako kilala nag claim nang malaki.. even myself.. hindi naman tumaas ang premium ko the next year..

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    pag pinadaan as own damage, baka lumaki premium niya next year pag nag renew siya

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont think that's true.. madami ako kilala nag claim nang malaki.. even myself.. hindi naman tumaas ang premium ko the next year..
    hinde rin lumiit?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The problem is pinasok na for repair even without an agreement. Naku kaya masakit sa ulo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    bakit ang mahal ng repair shop niya? 18K compared to around 6K? ano ba ung gagawin na repair worth 18k?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Accident Compromise - Please Share your thoughts