New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I just remembered one time when i was listening to the radio show of motwister in the morning, they had a segment there that encourages callers working fom different industries and share their trade secrets..of course we all know the usual kitchen staff at a restaurant playing on your food, etc... but what struck me was one caller who said he's from the automotive sales industry and shared a secret that not all "brand new cars" are really bought brand new...

now it keeps on ringing on my mind because we are about to buy a new montero and im thinking...are there give away hints on how you can really spot if the one you bought is not a repossessed and reconditioned to mint state car.

Otherwise we just really have to wait for the car to bug down at such an early age and credit it to experience and just wish for karma to make things even.

*newbie and this is my 1st post...mods if you see this post to be more appropriate to be transferred to a different thread...please do so. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    well I assume ito mga factors ng brand new pero not really what you can call "brand new".

1. showroom car (isama ko na rin yung mga cars na binabyahe by not using a tow-truck papunta sa isang showroom)
    2. test drive unit (odometer off)
    3. repo cars (not entirely hindi nabayaran kungdi yung naisoli dahil lemon car etc)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive units are normally NOT sold "new" to the public.

And test drive units are easy to spot, especially after they have been used and abused for a few months. Even without looking at the odometer, you can see the wear & tear on the car's exterior & interior. You can also feel the wear in the steering and suspension as well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 22nd, 2010 at 05:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hindi rin exactly brand new ang mga cars na narerelease ng casa. They spend a lot of time in the distributor's lot, madalas nakabilad sa araw, nauulanan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's caveat emptor for the buyer. Some dealerships disconnect speed sensors to prevent "test drive" mileage from showing on the odometer. Others stock units for a long time in the sun and rain.

Lucky if the standard practice for the dealership/manufacturer is to offer discounts on "test units", "fleet units" or "new old stock". That's how we got our CR-V at an over 100k peso discount. Remaindered old stock (people don't want the "gas-guzzling" 4x4s). And certain manufacturers auction off test units afterwards.

Like GH says... you can tell from the worn look and feel of the unit if it's not exactly "delivery miles only".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We got a great deal on our Civic too, when the EM was about to come out the dealer gave us 100k's off the EK.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Remaindered old stock (people don't want the "gas-guzzling" 4x4s).
    Pero bakit kayo bumili?

Baka itanong mo din yan pabalik sa akin. Hahaha!

Seriously, gusto ko yung ginawa ng Honda. Kapag "new old stock", may discount na. Unlike other dealer(s) or brands.

For example, sa Hyundai. Meron ibang Grand Starex na MD**** parin ang conduction sticker. Sa ngayon MF**** na, so nasa 20,000 units away yung unit na yun. Haha, pero hindi nila binebenta ng discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r
    We got a great deal on our Civic too, when the EM was about to come out the dealer gave us 100k's off the EK.
    Sir, ES po yung '01-'05 Civic.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako din got P70,000 off my Yaris when the facelift was coming a mere 2 weeks later...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *SG
    My bad, di ko masyado alam yung Honda, ES yun ba yung after the one that looks like the SiR? Kasabayan kasi halos ng SiR yung amin.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *SG
    My bad, di ko masyado alam yung Honda, ES yun ba yung after the one that looks like the SiR? Kasabayan kasi halos ng SiR yung amin.
    Yes sir. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Your industry secrets "brand new cars"