New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You and I have probably heard about flood-damaged cars being sold at a fraction of its cost. Is it worth your money, time and effort?

Here's one story that I heard from one casa. Two Nissan Patrol cars, owned-first by one person, were being sold for 350K each. one is a year 2004 and the other one is a 2006. Meron tumawad ng 600k - SOLD!

The buyer's bill from the casa:
    '06:P125k-replaced ecu, some wires, forced PMS, labor, detailing

PLUS

'04:P255k -replaced ecu, some wires, gauge panel, forced PMS, shocks, detailing.

Total: P280k (repairs) +600k (acquisition cost) = P880k. Pwede?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    (((IMO)))

hello sir softop, i think the overall cost is ok considering that this is waaaay lower that the usual second hand car price. Just make sure that the procedure to bring it back to its running condition was well done as well as a warranty for the labor/procedures so just in case you get into trouble, you will know who to point fingers at... HTH.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    If you intend to buy it and sell it Pwede kung kaya ng konsensya mo(unless declare mo dun sa bibili sayo)...

If for keeps or kayo gagamit not worth it baka kasi lumabas pa yung ibang other problem ng car na kukunin ninyo...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you plan to use it, there might be issues with costs of replacement parts including ECU, sensors, headunit, etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if you're talking about a Patrol then thats an okay deal. Those were really built to ford water... if worse comes to worse he can always shoehorn in the old reliable TD42.

IMO: I wouldnt do that if the aim was to sell for profit. Maybe if i'm looking for a project car, you know what you're getting into and the price is right then why not? I've personally restored a flooded vehicle before; it took me several months but the end result was good and its still running good to this day.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    if for personal use i think its ok..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If it's back to it's best condition it can be then yes.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hmmm,

yes, of course...

...buy previously-nice now-flooded cars like civic and convert as taxi fleet.
    :twak:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Civics ? Cant be. Honda doesn't allow their cars to be used as a taxi.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post
    You and I have probably heard about flood-damaged cars being sold at a fraction of its cost. Is it worth your money, time and effort?

Here's one story that I heard from one casa. Two Nissan Patrol cars, owned-first by one person, were being sold for 350K each. one is a year 2004 and the other one is a 2006. Meron tumawad ng 600k - SOLD!

The buyer's bill from the casa:
    '06:P125k-replaced ecu, some wires, forced PMS, labor, detailing

PLUS

'04:P255k -replaced ecu, some wires, gauge panel, forced PMS, shocks, detailing.

Total: P280k (repairs) +600k (acquisition cost) = P880k. Pwede?

tol dapat 380k ang bill..pero mura parin ha?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is it worth it to buy a flood-damaged car at a fraction of its cost?