New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny
    baket nga ba may mag tao ganyan, when i was still in high school almost all my classmates drive their dad's car to school, i presume extra car yun, kya almost every day dala nila, ako once in a blue moon lng nakakadala kasi isa lng kotse namen tapos dami pa nila komentaryo sa dala ko kotse, long hair tawag nila sa kotse erpat ko, kasi naka vinyl top, after so many have passed, nagkita kita kami, mga pros na, they still drive the same cars, well not everybody but yung mga marami sinisabi, halos sila yun parin dala, ako BNEW PAJERO NA! ano say nila!
    huh/?again again?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    more fun stuff i hear from a couple of ford and honda fanboys:

"why should i buy a bmw/audi? i can put $10k into my honda, and have a better car for less money!!"

um, a faster-accelerating car maybe. but what's the point of that statement? everybody has different criteria on what 'better' means...

"i will never buy a japanese or german car after what they did to us in world war 2"

dude, it's 2005. get over yourself already. also, i suppose this means you have to throw away your Sony big-screen tv and your Siemens cell phone. bigay mo na lang sa akin

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    biased sila or defensive.

naiinggit ako kung meron may maganda kotse but i'm not a hater. Nagshashare lang din ako ng opinions ko kung meron ako nasasabi about other cars but thats just opinions

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    slightly OT, but let me comment on this term 'hater'. it is probably the most misused term i've ever heard...these 'car bigots' as some of you guys call them also like to call everybody who has a different opinion than them a 'hater'.

we don't hate, idiot, we just have a different opinion than you.

my favorite are the posts on car message boards titled "just installed my single-wiper/altezza taillight/3-foot wing mod today...please give me your opinions!!".....and then if someone says it looks ugly, the thread starter calls him a hater :bwahaha:

why did you ask for an opinion, then?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Some people who possess a particular brand or belong to a certain group tend to hate others who own a counterpart or belong in another organization simply because of envy. They try to find loopholes in them. I'm pretty sure they wish that they could associate themselves with them. For instance, a driver of an ordinary car sees a more expensive one and begins to say bad things about it. Obviously, he'd long to be the one driving it.

You don't really have to take sides here, do you? In TV programs, I switch from one channel to another depending on the show. There are things I like in 2 and some in 7, simple as that. As for car brands, I pick the best model in the category and not just look at the badge. Like I said in another thread, there are some cars better made by Honda and others by Toyota; you simply have to scrutinize the lineup in choosing between the two makes.

Finally, those who hate brands other than what they own are not enthusiasts in any way. They are freaks, bigots even, with no logic at all. Personal bias doesn't count in a car's true worth. A true enthusiast is defined as a knowledgeable, responsible and passionate owner who makes the most out of his or her ride. An old church minister driving a rickety vehicle once said, "It's not the car that gives dignity to the person, but the other way around."
    Good post!! but it is a safe answer. People really must make a stand. Just like that British curly haired guy in Top Gear show and magazine. Either he likes it or dumps it. That is why he is so popular and a very good car columnist.

Just look at LAME local car writers and car testers. BUTCH GAMBOA or Aida Sevilla car columnist who praise all cars they review. They always stay unbiased. That is also why they Suck big time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Good post!! but it is a safe answer. People really must make a stand. Just like that British curly haired guy in Top Gear show and magazine. Either he likes it or dumps it. That is why he is so popular and a very good car columnist.

Just look at LAME local car writers and car testers. BUTCH GAMBOA or Aida Sevilla car columnist who praise all cars they review. They always stay unbiased. That is also why they Suck big time.

I thought these guys are product endorsers.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    "i will never buy a japanese or german car after what they did to us in world war 2"
    Hehehe!! this is the funniest line I ever heard about cars. Do you remember how CRUEL the KOREANS were to the Filipinos during the WAR??

Kung walang Japan, German, Korean. since masama sila nung WW2

E di American, British, French, Italian and Filipino cars nalang ang natira?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Swiss Cars nalang para "neutral" lagi hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004

I thought these guys are product endorsers.

you got it right!!!!

Well, they are paid. They get free trips abroad, free hotel accomodations and stuff.

Did you guys read the article about the Alterra in PDI-motoring? I got frustrated. Panay bola. hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002

Yeah, Jeremy Clarkson is one hell of a critic, but the good thing about him is that he comes to hate cars because they're hardly any good, not the brand whatsoever. Likewise, he admires some vehicles he tests because they made him happy.

I remember that in one Top Gear Episode, they tackled the Honda Element. For some reason, most Honda drivers in the UK are old, which is a double standard accounting to the loss of the brand's 'coolness.' This particular model was brought to a home for the aged, and practically none of the old people liked it. Clarkson rejoiced finding out that the Element is 'cool.'

Coolness there is very much subjective, based heavily on statistics. Of course, most of us here won't say the same about Honda, so everything about liking or hating cars boils down to personal opinion. There is no right or wrong here, but what's a total mistake is shunning away a particular brand without scrutinizing it whatsoever.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
why do some car enthusiasts hate other car brands?