New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have noticed this for most of my life, and i just don't get it.

i see this very predominantly in the US, but i think you guys see it in the Philippines too - Ford drivers hate Chevy, Toyota drivers hate Honda hates Nissan...etc. nakita nyo ba yung mga stickers with a cartoon of Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) pissing on a Honda/Toyota/GM/Nissan/Ford logo? kakatuwa.

but why is it if you buy a Chevy you're automatically expected to hate the blue oval, and if your car has an "H" you have to go out and beat all cars with a "T" in a street race? :confused:

is it friendly competition?

do some people need to feel good (and superior) about the type of car they bought?

o baka wala lang magawa sa buhay ang ibang tao so they invent some kind of arch-enemy?

i'm sure the automakers love it because they build a cult following of loyal buyers - for example, my coworker has had Mustangs in his family for three generations...he gets really mad when i refer to them as "Rustangs" :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    as for me i like almost all brands, its the car that i dont like especially if its shitty, unreliable, ugly etc. i love honda n toyota, bmw n mercedez at the same time

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not me...i love cars... love em love em...

just dont show me a picture of pontiac aztek and that subaru baja he..he

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto yung sinasabi kong sticker... :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I guess human nature ang magpatalbugan at magpayabangan, di lang ng sasakyan kundi sa lahat ng bagay, pati pagkatao.

For the car manufacturers and dealers, brand loyalty is a big sales boost. In the advertising world, this is called 'branding strategy'.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    it's not the 'other brands' that i hate, its the people who make annoying comments on my cars like "bakit crv binili mo mas maganda 'daw' yung rav4 at hindi matagtag, hindi matakaw sa gaso, etc.,etc.?" and knowing that they don't have that first-hand experience with the rav4, it totally pisses me off :mad:
    Last edited by 109; August 21st, 2005 at 12:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    insecurity at work

true...honestly, my father HATES my new-2nd hand lite-ace...because of ITS 2C ENGINE.... knowing him, nadinig lang nya kung sinu-sinong non-owners ng sasakyang may 2C....kaya sinusumpa nya itong van ko....

ako din noon, reluctant ako sa 2C, because ung pagkamausok at underpowered ng FX-diesel dito...ang kilala ko lang brands noon ay mitsubishi(kaya ako nagka-delica) at nissan...until i had this, nagulat pa nga ako may ECU pa to! actually,second to the last choice ko ito, jdm 4wd-diesel spacewagon or vanette sana, pero di kaya ng budget,e....

maarte ako sa car, i want it the way i want it...pero di ako brand concious, concious lang ako sa amenities, comfort and maintenance of a vehicle...

i dont care kung napapangitan sila sa liteace at lugi daw ako dito...bakit, sila ba nagddryb?
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; August 21st, 2005 at 02:13 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    I guess human nature ang magpatalbugan at magpayabangan, di lang ng sasakyan kundi sa lahat ng bagay, pati pagkatao.

For the car manufacturers and dealers, brand loyalty is a big sales boost. In the advertising world, this is called 'branding strategy'.
    very true...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    109, I know what you mean. Ang dami kong classmates/schoolmates na ganyan. Any car you buy lagi silang may comment. As if they know what they're talking about. I hear them saying random stuff that aren't even true.

Example: "Bakit CR-V kinuha mo eh masmaluwag naman yung Rav 4"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
why do some car enthusiasts hate other car brands?