New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mga sir, tanong ko lang....saan ba malawak na area or parking lot na pwede magturo ng driving lessons during weekends. Tuturuan ko sana si misis. Basic lang muna - paggamit ng clutch, accelerator, shifter, brakes, forward & reverse. She's totally new to driving...first time to take the driver's seat.

Yoko namang turuan sa kalye-kalye lang, kahit dun sa hindi naman heavy ang traffic. Baka mataranta at mag-panic, e mabangga o makabangga pa.

Pa-suggest naman po. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    private subdivision.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. macapagal, sa bandang dulo.
    2. mall of asia
    3. intramuros (weekend)

or, as you mentioned...parking lots, dun kayo sa roof deck.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ot: letting your wife be taught by a professional driving teacher from a driving school might prove to be cost effective. he knows the drill. and most importantly, sakaling magkasagian in the course of the practice, its their car that get damaged, not yours.

after that, just help your wife polish her driving skills.

as you know, the most difficult part in learning to drive is the neutral to first gear and back cycle. so in the meantime, let your wife experience what it feels to kick the clutch and the break pedals and and let her practice pushing the gas pedal up to but not exceeding 2000 rpm - without looking at the panel indicator - holding it there for a while before lifting her toes from it. this can be done at home. if she has familiarized herself with all those, she will be able to accelerate her learning procees at the driving school.

mahirap maghanap ng open area (or parking area) for practice driving. maraming barumbando sa daan kahit saan. and without any poster at the front and back of your car saying a driver student is on board, the other drivers might not exercise extra ordinary precaution in passing your car.

good luck.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The back of the Mall of Asia gets crowded if there are field trips... so it's 50:50 that this will be possible.

The end of Macapagal, where they're constructing that Muslim Market is much clearer, but buses use that sometimes.

Best bet is really a parking lot, but better on weekdays, when its not so crowded... better still, she can practice inclines there, too (as long as you've got a quick hand on the handbrake). Some of Fort Bonifacio's parking lots are pretty empty.

if you've got the time and gas money, that mothballed waste-of-money Ramos built in Subic has a huge empty parking lot and no guards... ...I've always fantasized turning it into an autocross or go-kart course.

I used to practice with my girlfriend (now wife) at one of Fort Bonifacio's grandstands, but it's restricted to civilians.

-----

RE: driving schools? I've seen driving instructors who take their students the wrong way down a one way road, or take them out onto high speed main thoroughfares and highways when they obviously don't even know how to use the clutch. Personally, I wouldn't trust them unless I'd seen their work firsthand.
    Last edited by niky; January 18th, 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: driving schools? I've seen driving instructors who take their students the wrong way down a one way road, or take them out onto high speed main thoroughfares and highways when they obviously don't even know how to use the clutch. Personally, I wouldn't trust them unless I'd seen their work firsthand.

OT: yes, it is true, as not all professors (at school) are good teachers. it has nothing to do with the school, but with the specific teacher. so one must be careful in picking an instructor.

the instructor then of my wife was not good, too. so after two sessions, i requested for a change of instructor. i knew that the instructor was not good because there was no proper orientation, the lessons were not followed and the movement from one lesson to another was not based on the progress my wife was making. drive ng drive lang.

i tried teaching my wife myself at first, but finding a place for her to practice was a problem. the possibility of being hit or of hitting another object or vehicle was high (kasama na yong kahulog sa canal), so we agreed that we would have somebody other elses car (that of the driving school) be exposed to such possibility. masakit sa ulo ang magasgasan o makagasgas. o makabangga or mabangga.

its a factor to consider in learning how to drive.

maala-ala ko pala, a decade ago, my tito taught my cousins to drive: early morning nila ginagawa (5 am to 7 am) sa ever gotesco parking area in cainta-junction. during that time, di pa matrapik masyado in that area early in the morning pag-weekends.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... my mom used to teach me the basics (forward and backward) in our garage. length is only about 2 cars. very low speed "timpla" so that the car did not stall. when i eventually got the hang of it, my tito took me out of the garage and we drove around the village.

if you don't have the same faith in who you're gonna teach, and the same space, some back roads of a private subdivision might help. empty/desserted parking lots, pwede din.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot View Post
    Mga sir, tanong ko lang....saan ba malawak na area or parking lot na pwede magturo ng driving lessons during weekends. Tuturuan ko sana si misis. Basic lang muna - paggamit ng clutch, accelerator, shifter, brakes, forward & reverse. She's totally new to driving...first time to take the driver's seat.

Yoko namang turuan sa kalye-kalye lang, kahit dun sa hindi naman heavy ang traffic. Baka mataranta at mag-panic, e mabangga o makabangga pa.

Pa-suggest naman po. Thanks!
    Plan a family outing sa probinsiya tapos go to a place you know has some nice wide open spaces. Large parking lot, open field, subdivision, etc. Also a nice time to relax a bit.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pa ride na lang po...

sir/ma'am, what can you suggest... my wife wants to learn how to drive, and plan ko is to enroll her sa driving school muna then polish ko na lang later para di madamage car namin.. hehehe! plan ko din is manual lang muna pag-aralan although matic ang car namin. ok lang ba yun? IMO, madali na kasi magshift-learning from manual to matic. In my experienced kasi, i first learned sa manual, kaya whenever na manual ang dadalhin ko, no problem for me. Any comments/suggestions po. TIA!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Manual teaches more... but it's easier to teach road safety and presence of mind in an automatic... without having to shift, the student can concentrate on the act of driving and watching for danger on the road. But if she gets the hang of it quickly, no harm in letting her learn on an MT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to conduct basic driving lessons?