New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1102
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Last time I went to Subic was, I think, 5 years ago? Too bad Revo diesel lang dala ko noon, so 145 tops lang hehe~

I go to Baguio more or less yearly, and I find myself wanting to take the old Maharlika route at midnight just for the heck of it. Following the speed limit can get real boring real fast! With the length of the expressway, I am in danger of drooping sometimes. I just make it a game to consume as little fuel as possible to make it more interesting. What's your Top Speed [Merged] It gets very real with the Granvia though (9 pax), which consumes 6.5km/L on a Baguio trip with max sustained speed of only 120 (2600rpm) and few short bursts of upto 130! I can only imagine how much it'll consume if I push it to sustain 180, which I am positive it is capable of reaching with enough road.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Walang huli TPLEX northbound.

I've tried taking the old road at midnight. Big toll savings but SCTEX/TPLEX is still much less stressful to drive on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    160 kph mga sir papuntang subic sctex

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Jut, sure ka dyan ha? Baka punta kami ng La Union or Baguio one of these weekends. In as much I like to speed up there but I like the road surface and elevation changes on the Subic-bound part of SCTEX.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I've tried taking the old road at midnight. Big toll savings but SCTEX/TPLEX is still much less stressful to drive on.

Is it still true na walang huli tuwing gabi? And do they still wait for you at the toll booth? Or is it no contact apprehension already?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Jut, sure ka dyan ha? Baka punta kami ng La Union or Baguio one of these weekends. In as much I like to speed up there but I like the road surface and elevation changes on the Subic-bound part of SCTEX.
    Just last week, I saw through my rear view mirror this trio of Montero, MUX, and Mirage doing 180 on TPLEX northbound. What's your Top Speed [Merged]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Is it still true na walang huli tuwing gabi? And do they still wait for you at the toll booth? Or is it no contact apprehension already?

Yup. Have only seen cameras on NLEX northbound near Mexico.

Southbound NLEX there's Sta. Rita and surprisingly, one after the Bocaue tollgate.

SCTEX does manual tagging northbound at Luisita.

TPLEX southbound I've also seen people flagged at the toll booth before entering SCTEX. But never northbound.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup. Have only seen cameras on NLEX northbound near Mexico.

Southbound NLEX there's Sta. Rita and surprisingly, one after the Bocaue tollgate.

SCTEX does manual tagging northbound at Luisita.

TPLEX southbound I've also seen people flagged at the toll booth before entering SCTEX. But never northbound.

After Bocaue tollgate? Naku dun pa naman ako bumabanat. How do they apprehend there? At NLEX on my way back from Baguio, I suddenly saw this huge flash from what might be a speed camera. Thought I was tagged but no one was apprehended at the tollbooth.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

That's what they say but there are a few speed cameras along NLEX already. I am not sure if they are IR-capable.

I err on the side of safety when speeding up at night. I rarely find myself speeding past 150 kmh at night unless I am in a hurry to pass someone doing that speed.

Just last week, I saw through my rear view mirror this trio of Montero, MUX, and Mirage doing 180 on TPLEX northbound. What's your Top Speed [Merged]

I guess they were not doing fast enough. Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    After Bocaue tollgate? Naku dun pa naman ako bumabanat. How do they apprehend there? At NLEX on my way back from Baguio, I suddenly saw this huge flash from what might be a speed camera. Thought I was tagged but no one was apprehended at the tollbooth.

Not sure, haven't been apprehended. Just saw a notification on waze then when i checked the side there was a camera nga mounted to a post.

Most likely no-contact apprehension.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That's what they say but there are a few speed cameras along NLEX already. I am not sure if they are IR-capable.

I err on the side of safety when speeding up at night. I rarely find myself speeding past 150 kmh at night unless I am in a hurry to pass someone doing that speed.

I guess they were not doing fast enough. Hehehe
    There's a big flash of light when you pass by the cameras at night. Happened to me NLEX northbound Mexico, didnt notice I was doing 125-130, saw a bright flash. I checked the MMDA site though and no apprehensions for my car.

What's your Top Speed [Merged]