New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    "Forever car": A car that you wouldn't mind keeping forever. (I read this in a Volkswagen Beetle book, hehe.) Taking into consideration styling (hindi maba-baduy, at least for you) technology (hindi magiging obsolete in terms of parts) and everything else.

So what's your personal forever car? And do you already have it?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Piter
    "Forever car": A car that you wouldn't mind keeping forever. (I read this in a Volkswagen Beetle book, hehe.) Taking into consideration styling (hindi maba-baduy, at least for you) technology (hindi magiging obsolete in terms of parts) and everything else.

So what's your personal forever car? And do you already have it?

Years ago, when I first bought my first german car (a bimmer), I told my self that I would keep it as long as it runs and I told this to my co-worker. He said, "no matter how nice, how expensive, how fast and beautiful your car is - after 2 years or so, magsasawa ka and papalitan mo din yan". That was actually his exact words and they are very true to me. Since then, call it psychological, but it is true. Even in a few months, some cars bore me that I sell them after even a few months.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Them old school muscle cars. They never go out of style.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Years ago, when I first bought my first german car (a bimmer), I told my self that I would keep it as long as it runs and I told this to my co-worker. He said, "no matter how nice, how expensive, how fast and beautiful your car is - after 2 years or so, magsasawa ka and papalitan mo din yan". That was actually his exact words and they are very true to me. Since then, call it psychological, but it is true. Even in a few months, some cars bore me that I sell them after even a few months.
    I agree. Its hard not to look at newer, better, faster toys. And there's always a newer faster toy out there! Who would have ever thought, 400hp would be "normal". I still remember the compro of the "heavy hitters of the 80s" 300hp challenge of 3000gts, Nissan Zs and Toyota Supra's. I thought 300 hp was big then. Now, 400hp engines are in 4 door sedans. And if you wanted a true beast, you'd have to drive a car with no less than 500hp. I even hear rumors in the auto industry of 600hp cars are in the very near future. I mean production cars.
    With regards to the topic, recently I've had a hard time letting anything go. Sentimental value and all, but the sl55 is a keeper for sure.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ...and a 288GTO if I ever find one

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Looks like Speedy is addicted to power.

My idea of a "forever car" would be a collectible car, a car that would give me pleasure just sitting in my garage 364 days a year (because I will have to drive it once a year, maybe on my birthday, LOL), something that appreciates rather than depreciate, something that will make me feel relax and will make me smile while putting 5 layers of wax, something that looks like new and barebone stock no matter how old it is, and with low mileage, no problems whatsoever and something very very rare.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would say a porsche 911. kahit na yung luma.

i have wanted one since i began to think

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sa kin siguro 70's Mustang..kahit di pa ko nakakapag drive nun
    I think kahit gaano pa sya katanda di sya nakakailang i drive
    kahit luma na.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    i would say a porsche 911. kahit na yung luma.

i have wanted one since i began to think
    sir, pareho tayo ng gusto. sabi nga ng ad nila, PORSCHE -
    there is no substitute.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    sir, pareho tayo ng gusto. sabi nga ng ad nila, PORSCHE -
    there is no substitute.
    pero ikaw meron na...ako wala pa :waah:

:D

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
What's your idea of a "Forever Car"