New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Heck, I wouldn't know about a forever car. But I certainly fell in love with the car Robert Redford used in the movie Spy Game, a Porsche 912. I thought, "Damn, I wouldn't mind having that as my retirement car."

Or I'd be willing to settle on a 1967 Shelby GT500.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 7th, 2005 at 01:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd have a Super Seven replica, like a Westfield. With a carburated 2 liter engine. So it'll be easy to fix, run forever, and not so expensive to drive when gas starts running out.

Otherwise, I'd like to keep my Lynx forever (though I doubt it would last that long)... there's just something about having a fast "Ford". :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    notice all your "forever cars" are hypothetical. Once you acquire it, I'm sure you will be singing a different tune after a short while specially when it starts to give you maintenance problems. hehehe.

I've yet to hear anyone say he has a car he's been loving for 10 years.... either he is a rare exeption or on a tight budget. peace! hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    notice all your "forever cars" are hypothetical. Once you acquire it, I'm sure you will be singing a different tune after a short while specially when it starts to give you maintenance problems. hehehe.

I've yet to hear anyone say he has a car he's been loving for 10 years.... either he is a rare exeption or on a tight budget. peace! hehehe
    no pun intended. but yes, i beg to differ. i'm approaching 10 years of ownership with my honda civic. funny thing is, yes i'm in a tight budget. i think i do not need a replacement yet. though, i have another vehicle, still this sedan is my favorite. i wonder if this happened to be the hip during my era.
    Last edited by ian_rex; October 7th, 2005 at 05:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For me it would have to be a convertible in the spirit of the early roadsters (Morgan / Triumph / MG). Maybe a simple one that would be easy to maintain (MT), go for a fun run with the top down (soft/hardtop when it rains), fun for "track days" (available aftermarket parts), has enough power to scare you're self (boost), can be used for errands by my wife and kids (when their old enough). Looks like a Mazda MX-5 Miata would fit the bill.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Marami akong forever car

For drifting
    Toyota Trueno

For slalom
    Suzuki Fronte
    Toyota Starlet

For drag racing
    honda civic hatchback for PRO
    honda civic type R for PRO din..ehehe

For street use/sportscar
    Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 7
    NSX

Boom boom baby
    Cadillac Escalade w/ bling blings..hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My idea of a "forever car" is the Galant GTI

dami pwede isalpak na surplus engine
    has a lot of following
    di nakakasawa design (that's me)

I know a guy who kept his Galant GTI and just kept changing engines (from 4G63 DOHC to 4G63T) over the years (12 yrs and running to be exact) .. yun ang forever car, well at least for me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi
    My idea of a "forever car" is the Galant GTI

dami pwede isalpak na surplus engine
    has a lot of following
    di nakakasawa design (that's me)

I know a guy who kept his Galant GTI and just kept changing engines (from 4G63 DOHC to 4G63T) over the years (12 yrs and running to be exact) .. yun ang forever car, well at least for me.
    :exclaim: That's a pretty good idea...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    1958 Corvette, yung pula.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nissan Skyline R32 and R34... ofcourse it should be the GT-R. Better if it's NISMO-tuned.

But my forever engine soundtrack would be coming from a rotary engine, with turbos.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
What's your idea of a "Forever Car"