New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    he he... bro, those are body codes of two Mazda RX7's. Usually kc mga enthusiasts and tuners call cars that way like; R34- Nissan GTR, S13- Nissan Silvia, B13- Sentra/Sunny, EK and ES- Honda Civic...

Pro the new civic body is also called "FD" , sana iniba man lang ng Honda coz being a popular sportscar that it is, the RX7 should have its own unique code.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cd! View Post
    Pro the new civic body is also called "FD" , sana iniba man lang ng Honda coz being a popular sportscar that it is, the RX7 should have its own unique code.
    Honda calling its Civic the "FD" has nothing to do with Mazda's calling its RX-7s "FD3S". More like coincidence, really...Honda's got its own naming system for chassis, as I explained earlier.

If it's any consolation, there's no "FD3" Civic to my knowledge...so it's not an exact copy of the Mazda's chassis code

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    tinutukoy mo ba yung Fuel Consumption ng Factory Defect na Civic? :hysterical:

oooppssss sorry fanbois
    Ikaw talaga Syur! uhm!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Speaking of RX7 ano naman iyong tawag sa mga RX7 na model 1983? FD rin ba sila?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    bro, as what KBR said:

FD = 3rd Generation 1993 Turbo (yung dilaw na RX7)
    FC = 2nd Generation 1986 Mazda RX7 Turbo (yung puti na RX7)

yung 1983 model, FB ang tawag doon

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Honda calling its Civic the "FD" has nothing to do with Mazda's calling its RX-7s "FD3S". More like coincidence, really...Honda's got its own naming system for chassis, as I explained earlier.

If it's any consolation, there's no "FD3" Civic to my knowledge...so it's not an exact copy of the Mazda's chassis code
    First of all I know that it's FD3S, but it's more popularly known as the "FD" only. But now since the new Honda almost uses the same body code, it's actually causing quite a confusion to the name tagging especially by tuners and enthusiasts...

Just ask my friend's U.S troop (tuner * night ) bf based on Japan.. coz before they just call the RX7 as FD, now they have to be very clear and use the complete code w/c is the FD3S! There are more misunderstanding because of it, there are according to him a lot of wrong performance parts deliveries coz of this.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Good question.

The 1983 RX-7 is internally called the "SA22C." The North American cars got the letters "FB" stamped on their chassis, but they refer to the same car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RX-7

Most of us probably remember "Shaider"...Annie's ride was a yellow SA22C Mazda RX-7.

Mazda's "S" chassis designation made a comeback with the 2003 Mazda RX-8, which is internally called the "SE3P."
    Last edited by Type 100; March 1st, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Good question.

The 1983 RX-7 is internally called the "SA22C." The North American cars got the letters "FB" stamped on their chassis, but they refer to the same car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RX-7

Most of us probably remember "Shaider"...Annie's ride was a yellow SA22C Mazda RX-7.

Mazda's "S" chassis designation made a comeback with the 2003 Mazda RX-8, which is internally called the "SE3P."
    OO!! naalala ko din ang Shaider!! specially si Annie ... and her yellow panty.. este ...RX7 pala!! lolz!!

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    bakit ang mga fd or fc tinatawag din na rotary car? or yung mazda brand mismo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What's the meaning of FD sa mga hmmm.. race cars malamang ito?