New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If price is taken into account, then it would be the Mazda3 2.0R / Ford Focus 2.0L Sport or Mazda6 2.3L.

The Camry 3.5L V6 is a good pick if you don't mind the price and is chaufered. Though if price is taken into account, then a lot more sedans make more sense like the Sonata 3.3L V6. It may not have the electronic gizmo or be as refined as the Camry at least it is P500K cheaper and slug it out in acceleration tests.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    im a guy who'll always prefer a mid-sized sedan that is both sporty and has luxurious touch. it can run smooth and quiet, and at times could rev high with a flick of the SI control for that familiar boxer engine sound that translates into 245hp and more than 300nm of torque. its a combination of driving a Galant that can go wild like as Evo. but sadly, Mitsubishi does'nt have that, nor Toyota or Honda, not even Mazda.
    its only the Soobie......sayang nga lang ala pa nito sa atin. pero pede daw order

3.0 Subaru Legacy B4

on the topic.....Mazda3 nga or Subaru WRX (not STI) kung may pera ka.
    im looking forward to testdrive Mazda3 when i go home. baka mas ok nga siya compare to Civic.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, if we're to include midsizers, it depends on what you consider a practical price. If it's "price no object", hell, give me a Mitsubishi Evo IX MR.

I'd pick the Camry if I was riding in the back seat, but in that price range, if you're the driver, siguro Mazda6 or Subaru Imprexa WRX (non-STI).
    +1

EVO!!!:megaphone:

Best Sedan ever! without comfortability..... :hihihi:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Weytaminit... I forgot about the Subaru WRX! The best back for the buck performance sedan available here in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I'm a sucker for luxury, midsize sedans, that title has to go to the Lexus GS400/430.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The Camry 3.5L V6 is a good pick if you don't mind the price and is chaufered. Though if price is taken into account, then a lot more sedans make more sense like the Sonata 3.3L V6. It may not have the electronic gizmo or be as refined as the Camry at least it is P500K cheaper and slug it out in acceleration tests.
    The 3.5L V6 Camry will smoke my 3.3L V6 Sonata at 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile by several tenths of a second. It's the Azera that can tangle with the new Camry in acceleration.

Where the (2006) Sonata shines is the fact that it doesn't have a speed governor. A guy in Phoenix, AZ went to jail recently for doing 147 mph in a rental Sonata that was recorded by expressway cameras/lasers. Hyundai actually testified that the car can really reach 147 mph in tests they conducted. In wide open AZ, it's possible. There's even rumors in Korea of 2006 V6 Sonatas able to reach 160 mph given enough space. Not bad for a $21k A/T midsize car.

2007 V6 Sonatas will probably have speed governors installed. So, I guess I'm lucky to have a 2006 one.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I know you said sedan,- but for me, it's my value-for-money baby,- Jazz CVT.

:beam:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Weytaminit... I forgot about the Subaru WRX! The best back for the buck performance sedan available here in the Philippines.
    I second that......

(Directed at another post)
    I'd hesitate to call the WRX and Evo as midsize. Compact sedans, sure. Midsize....mmmm, not quite. The Sonata, I can literally throw myself into the driver's seat. That's a midsize. I've sat in my friend's STi before. If I threw myself in like in the Sonata, I'd catch my crown jewels at the steering wheel.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2007 at 10:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Toyota Camry V6 for the Executive Class and Focus 2.0 hatch for the Mid range.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Midsize - Accord Compact - Mazda3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What's the best Japanese Sedan available here?