New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is it a market leader or an underrated player. Let us know you opinion and why you chose what you did.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Very hard to answer. Depends on what you want, really.

For 99% of the people out there, the only answer can be Civic. Best engines, best engineering, good space for the class, and a much better deal in value-for-money than Hondas of old were... minus a few problems with paint, trim and construction.

BUt for that final 1% who actually care about the act of driving, it really has to be the Mazda3/Ford Focus twins. While they might not have the straightline punch - good economy combination that Honda gives, both feel a cut above in terms of the driving experience, and, in certain ways, feel much more expensive and sophisticated.

That final 1% includes a lot of Tsikoteers, so I'm betting a lot of guys will ditto me on the Mazda3...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Very hard to answer. Depends on what you want, really.

For 99% of the people out there, the only answer can be Civic. Best engines, best engineering, good space for the class, and a much better deal in value-for-money than Hondas of old were... minus a few problems with paint, trim and construction.

BUt for that final 1% who actually care about the act of driving, it really has to be the Mazda3/Ford Focus twins. While they might not have the straightline punch - good economy combination that Honda gives, both feel a cut above in terms of the driving experience, and, in certain ways, feel much more expensive and sophisticated.

That final 1% includes a lot of Tsikoteers, so I'm betting a lot of guys will ditto me on the Mazda3...
    +1.....

mazda3 2.0r...kung sedan, focus hatch kung hatch, mazda6 kung executive sedan, but....this is just for me... so dito ako sa sinabi din nni sir niky.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Best sedan? Big segment with lots of little subsegments. Bah. What the heck. I'm biased too.

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 here. If we moved there today, I'd buy another Hyundai Sonata V6 (identical to the one here). Lots of room, decent horsepower with good acceleration, comfortable for long drives, and after driving up the twisties in the mountains so my kid can see more snow, it's more than nimble enough for Manila's streets. I guess the electronic stability control helped a lot.

Resale value may suck. But then, we're talking about the car itself not what you might do with it in 5 years.

Unbiased...... I'd go for a turbo, AWD Subbie like the Legacy or Forester.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2007 at 01:45 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Toyota Camry

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Honda Civic.

classic pa ang dating sa future.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Is it a market leader or an underrated player. Let us know you opinion and why you chose what you did.
    best sedan?... depends on the size/price range you would be talking about.

If price isn't a limiting factor, you might want to look at the Toyota Camry 3.0L, this has a good mix of good ride quality, excellent engine power, comfortable interior and executive external styling.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    best sedan?... depends on the size/price range you would be talking about.

If price isn't a limiting factor, you might want to look at the Toyota Camry 3.0L, this has a good mix of good ride quality, excellent engine power, comfortable interior and executive external styling.
    +1
    Toyota Camry

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, if we're to include midsizers, it depends on what you consider a practical price. If it's "price no object", hell, give me a Mitsubishi Evo IX MR.

I'd pick the Camry if I was riding in the back seat, but in that price range, if you're the driver, siguro Mazda6 or Subaru Imprexa WRX (non-STI).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What's the best Japanese Sedan available here?