New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyoSoarer View Post
    I'm surprised that some of you guys don't factor in luxury, practically and etc..

Anyway, time to explain my picks in Infiniti M45 and Lexus GS400/430.

Ample, low-end power, roomy interior, great trunk space, DVD Nav, Terrific Sound System.
    If I knew they were available in the Philippines as in mainstream available not gray market, I'd factor them in.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If I knew they were available in the Philippines as in mainstream available not gray market, I'd factor them in.

Good point, hehe.. with how crappy roads are and the risks of carjacking and theft. Not worth for me to get these puppies in Pinas.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mazda6 for me

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    1st choice Mazda 6 2.3L

2nd choice Mazdaspeed 3 2.3L

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Subcompact - Vios / Jazz
    Compact - Mazda 3 (hatch)
    Mid-size - 2007 Camry (but the next accord seems to look good also)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    compact car: Mazda MazdaSpeed Mazda3 2.3L Turbo (263HP)

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/mazd...261/specs.html

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    too general a question, you will get a lot of varying answers and if your intention is to get help on what youre going to buy, you will just end up confused

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    if on a budget, i'd pick the mazda bros. M6 and M3. both cars look good inside and out, both are very good driver's cars and either one wont break the bank (well, not as much as the competition).

if price is no object, then you can bet i'd be headed straight to the scooby shop in edsa

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    After driving one for an extended period... I'd have to say that in the subcompact department, the best small Japanese car (not necessarily sedan) has got to be the Honda Jazz. Why the new Civic couldn't be this playfully fun to drive and cleverly useful is beyond me.

The Vios comes close, but at the limits on a racetrack, I know which one drives better...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Very hard to answer. Depends on what you want, really.

For 99% of the people out there, the only answer can be Civic. Best engines, best engineering, good space for the class, and a much better deal in value-for-money than Hondas of old were... minus a few problems with paint, trim and construction.

BUt for that final 1% who actually care about the act of driving, it really has to be the Mazda3/Ford Focus twins. While they might not have the straightline punch - good economy combination that Honda gives, both feel a cut above in terms of the driving experience, and, in certain ways, feel much more expensive and sophisticated.

That final 1% includes a lot of Tsikoteers, so I'm betting a lot of guys will ditto me on the Mazda3...

I couldn't agree more! I'm part of that 1%. Mazda 3 for compact sedan and Mazda 6 2.3 for midsized sedan. I won't justify my answers because these cars speak for themselves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
What's the best Japanese Sedan available here?