The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kailan kayo nagpalit ng timing belt?
    talag ba dapat palitan yan?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The average replacement time in terms of kilometers is 80,000 kms. the timing belt is a key component sa kotse bro. Pag naputulan ka nito overhaul na. Mura lang naman.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I beleive most manufacturers recommend around every 100K kms. of course, you can do it earlier. Although my feeling is the 100K is proly conservative.

But then again, better be safe than sorry.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The owner's manual for the Mitsubishi Adventure recommends replacing it between 60,000-80,000 kms., assuming OEM belts are used. I had mine replaced at 75,000.

Expect a shorter replacement interval if non-OEM belts are used, although there are claims that certain aftermarket belts are less prone to stretching compared to OEM ones, preserving the engine timing.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 1st, 2008 at 07:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i usually do this every 80k, dikona pinapaabot ng 100k

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Eh kung years ano ang basehan ng pagpalit? Paano kung 10 years na eh hindi pa umaabot ng 80,000 kms.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If 10 years na, I would recommend that you change your timing belt.... Lumulutong at nabubungi iyan due to the normal wear and tear of the unit/material.....

5202:threadmil:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The purpose of a timing belt is to provide a quiet, flexible connection between the camshaft and crankshaft to keep the valves opening and closing in phase with the movement of the pistons.

Timing belts are used in two types of engines designated "interference" and "non-interference". If the timing belt breaks on a non-interference design, there is enough clearance between the pistons and valves to prevent damaging contact. An interference design does not have sufficient clearance between those parts and engine damage would result from a broken timing belt. I recommend replacement at 60,000 miles intervals. Breakage is not the only reason to replace your timing belt. Looseness and wear will allow the timing belt to slip and change valve timing resulting in very poor performance, a no-start condition, or engine damage.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    If 10 years na, I would recommend that you change your timing belt.... Lumulutong at nabubungi iyan due to the normal wear and tear of the unit/material.....
    Papalitan ko na this month.

Pero pag ibabased sa years regardless sa kms...ilan years dapat?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    e ung tensioner bearing at oil seal gaano ka importante palitan. kasi sa accord ko ang estimate eh sa 4 na tensioner almost 3k and oil seal nasa 2k.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Timing Belt