New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Customer test-units aren't that bad... most engines are broken-in at the factory already (they only need to be run-in to reach their full-power and fuel-efficiency)...

It's media units you should worry about, but some manufacturers are honest about this, and sell these units as secondhand. I've seen the Lynx RS media unit (memorize ko ung plate number, hehe) for sale in Carfinder before.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

pa pm naman nung plate # nun, o.. red rs ba?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Red nga... shoot... memorized it at the time, but I'm not sure now... basta XLR 653 (hindi na ito sure, ha...) or something like that... Basta, I'd know it now if I saw it.

As for the condition of the car... heck, all you need to do is read the back issues of Top Gear, C! or Rev... the brake pedal is a little long due to overuse (probably warped brakes from too many Hamsters driving it... I know mine are by now...), but everything else is pretty much okay... or was at the time it was sold.

parang nakita ko ata yun...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Red nga... shoot... memorized it at the time, but I'm not sure now... basta XLR 653 (hindi na ito sure, ha...) or something like that... Basta, I'd know it now if I saw it.

As for the condition of the car... heck, all you need to do is read the back issues of Top Gear, C! or Rev... the brake pedal is a little long due to overuse (probably warped brakes from too many Hamsters driving it... I know mine are by now...), but everything else is pretty much okay... or was at the time it was sold.
    eh di ba manipis na din yung clutch niyan? hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd expect Ford to have replaced the clutch... but on a car with that many kilometers, road tests, drop-clutch launches (especially nung Car of the Year), you'd have to anyway...

Nauubos na nga yung sa akin... 53,000 kms, two track days plus lots of hard driving... pero not many drop-clutch drag racing launches... I'm gentle...

Yung nakakatakot kunin yung Jazz na ginamit sa mga media challenge... ...grabe yung pinagdaanan nun!

bata iwas nalang sa jazz media units...pero kung 75% off sa unit, pwede na?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    75% off and a certificate saying: "I was never crashed..." :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we just did a testdrive on the new civic 1.8S AT yesterday, although it was pretty fast... is it just me or talagang MATAGTAG xia?

i wasnt impressed at all.. its a far cry from MAZDA3's superb comfort experience..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Matagtag? I felt it was kind of soft, actually.

Pero, the shock valving is looser than in the Mazda, so maybe, with a full load, the ride is less controlled. Have to verify this with my uncle... he offered me a test-drive of his 2.0 Friday, but I didn't have time, too much work!

That's why I prefer firmly set up "sports" vehicles... the ride may feel harsh, but on really bad roads, it's actually more secure feeling than soft ones.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Test drive and roving display  units