New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tanong ko lang kung maapektuhan ba performance ang mga car na galing abroad(europe) pag dinala dito sa Pinas? Yung sis ko kasi balak nya dalhin dito sasakyan nya. Hindi ba maapektuhan performance ng sasakyan kasi sa europe yon kaya malamig..kapag ginamit ba dito ay hindi ba madaling mag overheat? Pareho lang ba pagkakagawa ng sasakyan doon sa mga sasakyan dito or iba ang seating? ano dapat pagawa or palitan pag nandito na sasakyan?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    usually you need to change the fluids like engine oil, transmission oil, gear oil, etc because they may not be effective with the weather here. With overheat there is a posiblity that it may happen. Usually cars that are manufactured from europe are tropicalized thing that they improve are the following bigger cooling coil (aircon system), and bigger radiator, and adding an auxiliary fan. Just my opinion if your sis is bringing her car from abroad has she considered where to get parts for her car ? Because I know a couple of friends they have a really hard time making their imported cars as daily driven becasue simple parts from brake pads to engine supports takes months to be imported. And also the right mechanic who know how to service this car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Usually mga rubber parts ang problema.

Also mainit konti A/C, and need dagdag auxillary fan.
    Last edited by Flagg; December 4th, 2006 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling...ahihi...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung '85 W124 ng dad ko pinasok dito from Germany. Ok naman. Just do the basic maintenance as with buying any used car.

Original naman halos yung buong sasakyan. Pati upholstery at paint original pa rin.

Pero yung a/c compressor Sanden na kasi nasira na yung original. Pinalitan na din yung sound system. Hindi pa uso CD nung 1985.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't think there'd be much of a difference except probably for the type of fluids you have to use. Kasi malamig din naman sa Japan diba, pero yung mga engines galing dun e dinadala naman dito with not much of a problem. I think she should consult the dealer with regards to engine specifics para safe, may mga tolerances naman yan and besides the fluids, I don't think that those tolerances are too small.

Cars Abroad