New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    good day to all.

just want to share what happened to me these past few weeks.

(i posted a few questions below. you may skip the long rant and proceed to the questions. your response will be appreciated.)

about two weeks ago i was lucky enough to be spared from an unfortunate accident involving a badly constructed wall. the said wall which served as perimeter of a vacant lot located beside one of the banks along tomas morato collapsed on at least two vehicles that wer parked beside it. i thought i was lucky because i did not bring my car that day ( i was actually driving my car on my way already when i decided to go back and let my father use it.) anyway, i was thankful i did not bring my car since if i did i would have parked near that defective wall since that is where i normally park my car in that area.

but then just two days later, luck apprently left my side. while driving along commonwealth avenue my car was bumped from behind by a tailgating tricycle. my car sustained major damage in the rear bumper. unfortunately i couldn't get anything from the tricycle driver who was already 68 years old and obviously financially challenged (just like me, but much worse). so after getting a police report i just let him go. my car was insured anyway.

then after another week (actually this happened today, april 26) i was driving along capitol hills when this bicycle riding kid bumped my right rear door. again, my car sustained major damage because of the impact. fortunately the kid was not injured although he appeared traumatized.

all these got me into thinking if what happened to me can still be considered normal. should i consider myself jinxed because of this series of unfortunate events? my girlfriend keeps reminding me that my chinese horoscope tells me that i should be careful about vehicular accidents this year.

also, in hindsight, i recall being bumped by other vehicles on several occasions. my previous car was bumped also on the right rear door. it was also bumped on the bumper by an fx taxi driven by a drunk driver. in both instances my car was parked.

sorry for ranting. just had to get this out of my head. anyway i hope you could help me by answering the questions below.

1. how many vehicular accidents (minor and major) have you experienced within the past 12 months?

2. would you consider the number of accidents you experienced still within the normal average rate?

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. two - one minor and one not-minor-but-not-so-major... in both cases, the other party was at fault

2. yes

3. yes

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. 1, semi minor to major (lubog bumper)
    2. yes
    3. yes

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. no, 2 years ago yung last
    2. yes, 2 times since I started driving (8 years). front & back was crumpled but I did not sustain any injury.
    3. yes

practice defensive driving. ;)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    1) 2 both minor
    2) No
    3) Yes for 9years - pero itong last six months dalawa kaagad magkaibang sasakyan pa.

Keep your eyes on the road and get good reputable insurance. Make sure also that you have pre-alert system on when your insurance will expire.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    1. 1st time in an accident (last Saturday), that left the left side of my van torn to bits.

2. Hope so. Been driving for nearly 20 years. Believe it or not, last Saturday was the only accident that happened where I was inside my vehicle. Past (minor) accidents happened while I was far from my ride. Usually, it was parked.

3. Like I said, been driving for nearly two decades. It was only last Saturday that I was involved in a car accident with me inside my van. So, to answer, I had a long streak without an accident.

Like what BBimmer said, always practice defensive driving.

Cheers.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    1. No vehicular accident within the last 6 or 7 years. No traffic citation/violation within the last 15 years.

2. Yes

3. Yes

1. how many vehicular accidents (minor and major) have you experienced within the past 12 months?
    - 2 minor
    tore my cars bumper off on side, sumabit sa naka park na pedicab
    a delica van clipped my newly repainted rear bumper luckily it only had a small dent, no chipped paint.

2. would you consider the number of accidents you experienced still within the normal average rate?
    - it depends on a lot of factors.

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)
    - Nope. Even though how carefull you are, accidents bound to happen.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

- wala. my last accident (a big one) was around 6 years ago. the last small one was around 5 years ago.

- yes.

- yes. see my answers on item 1.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    1. i had 1, just last month - the car was hit behind by an Elf delivery truck. The only damage was the bumper.

2. Yes, i guessed.

3. Yes, the last time i caught in an accident was 7 yrs ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
survey on accidents