New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. 1 major accident, happened only last month, my driver side doors(front & rear) were crumpled. I only had 2 accidents for the past 6 years, different cars, both involving a taxi. 1st accident was a hassle coz walang insurance, last accident was ok, no injury sustained and the car was insured, both doors were replaced.

2. Yes

3. Yes

Always pray before and after driving, pray for guidance before you start driving and thank Him after driving, it would help keep the bad luck away :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Weather-weather lang iyan. I don't crash or get crashed into frequently.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    1. how many vehicular accidents (minor and major) have you experienced within the past 12 months?

- nothing

2. would you consider the number of accidents you experienced still within the normal average rate?

- yes.

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)

- yes

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My last accident was in 1997 or 98 when the car I was driving got hit in the back by a taxi which in turn got hit by a jeep driven by a drunk driver. The last one where I was at fault was in 1992.

That's pretty much average. No accidents in the last 12 mos.

My advice to you is pray, keep proper distance, no sudden stops, and always be alert.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    1. My last accident was over 2 years ago, around January or February 2003.

2. Within or below the average number of accidents per year

3. Yes

- But also consider how much you drive during the course of a week, month or year. I only drive about 10,000 km during one whole year, and this is mostly highway driving. City driving would involve more risks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    1. none
    2. yes
    3. yes

pag tingin mo medyo malas ka sa car mo benta mo nlng yan...ktse namin dati lagi nababangga kht sino man magdrive...same vehicle lagi...lalo na pag bagong paayos ng gasgas/bangga magagasgasan/bangga uli...nka-park nlng mababangga pa...same happned w/ my friend sa civic nya...nbabangga / binabangga sya lagi...

binenta nya car nya and since then no accidents sya...

bnenta namin samin & since then no such incidents na rin..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I got my car last May 2002. Since that time I've had 3 accidents.

1st (minor) - Happened around Nov. 2002, the rear left side of my car near my gas tank, was hit by a Toyota Prado while I was about to turn left. Just a scratch for both vehicles.

2nd (minor) - Happened around Oct. 2005 while my car was parked. My rear bumper was hit by my neighbor and the bumper was cracked a bit but still ok. Some of the paint was chipped too. The neighbor admitted his fault and gave me some money for that.

3rd (major) - Happened just this May 6, 2006. Again, while my car was parked. This time my rear bumper ultimately fell off and cracked in many places. It's a good thing I haven't gotten it fixed yet after Accident#2 hehe. Good thing also that the guy that hit me has insurance so after the police report was done all I have to do is wait, then collect the payment.

So to answer the questions more explicitly,
    1. how many vehicular accidents (minor and major) have you experienced within the past 12 months? I've had 2.

2. would you consider the number of accidents you experienced still within the normal average rate? I think so.

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)? Yes.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    1. no
    2.yes
    3.yes

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. how many vehicular accidents (minor and major) have you experienced within the past 12 months?

Two. Minor fender benders, one against a tricycle and another against a dump truck.

2. would you consider the number of accidents you experienced still within the normal average rate?

No. It seems that safety and road courtesy are on a steady decrease among Filipino motorists, especially those driving public utility vehicles and big trucks.

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)?

Yes, though it seems ages since that time.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laurence
    Thankfully none.

I think total average, I may be higher than normal? I average 0.93 per year. So far luckily, have not been in any for a while (3yrs na ata).

3. have you ever survived a whole year without experiencing a single accident (minor or major)
    Yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
survey on accidents