New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi guys, I just want to ask for some expert advices..

I plan on buying a car (actually hati kmi ng dad ko) with a budget of about 250-350k (350 max na tlga yun!), now I just like to ask what cars would most likely fit my budget and at the same time what cars would be best to consider given the usual issues (fuel efficiency, performance, maintenance costs, etc.)

Actually what I have in mind are 1998 or later corolla & lancer. What can you guys say about this? Or maybe you guys could give other suggestions...thanks...i really dont know much about cars so i would appreciate any of your suggestions!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    compared to the pizzas (lancers) and the rollas, i would prefer the corolla. i think it is also suited to your criterias above.

actually both of them do comply to your criterias, but the only thing that i hate about the lancer is yung suspension nya...mabilis umingay and lumangitngit. it was discussed in this board na before.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    additional info.

wala kang ideal "year model" coz if you don't have, consider the Mazda Familia GLXi. the best bang for the buck. fully loaded. comes with a CD changer pa as its stock audio setup.

but i think the latest familia came at 1998 (or correct me guys....)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... 1.6liter cars come to mind...

AE111/101 Corollas
    Civics 95-99
    Sentra (Exalta)
    Lancer (Pizza)

Between the Lancer and Corolla, it's a hard decision, the differences between that "market" range of vehicles is very small. But it it's my money, I'd pick a Corolla.

But between the cars I listed, baka mas type ko Exalta... Leather seats, VCD, Sunroof, etc...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks for the suggestions guys!!!

...correct me if im wrong, but arent the parts for the civic and sentra quite expensive?

..also, what does AE111/101 in Corolla stand for?....hehe sori...dont know much abt cars...ang lam ko lng sa corolla is yng mga XL XE GLI etc...

..kakahiya ako..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by happy_gilmore
    additional info.

wala kang ideal "year model" coz if you don't have, consider the Mazda Familia GLXi. the best bang for the buck. fully loaded. comes with a CD changer pa as its stock audio setup.

but i think the latest familia came at 1998 (or correct me guys....)
    the familia was sold until 1999. you can get one at around 250K.

yes, best bang for the buck. good features and engine! we still have yet to encounter a blown engine in PTP (despite the crazy driving antics of our members - hehe).

though gas consumption is around 7km/L.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    the familia was sold until 1999. you can get one at around 250K.

yes, best bang for the buck. good features and engine! we still have yet to encounter a blown engine in PTP (despite the crazy driving antics of our members - hehe).

though gas consumption is around 7km/L.

john, ok lang yun. i think the average fuel consumption of 1.6 cars ranges and averages 7-8 kms/liter. so i think it's still ok.

ann, hmmm. parts of sentras and civics are not that high, but are higher compared to the lancers and corollas. konti lang diprensya.

those codes (AE111) refer to the engine codes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aann,
    you are right in questioning for the price of parts of civics and sentras since you will be acquiring 6 yr old cars of even older.

if that was my money i'll be looking at Corollas and Exaltas...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually body codes po ang AE101 (big body corolla) and AE111 (the model after that, the very 1st gen 1.8 SE.G altis) ;)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    aann,
    you are right in questioning for the price of parts of civics and sentras since you will be acquiring 6 yr old cars of even older.

if that was my money i'll be looking at Corollas and Exaltas...

...so KIMPOY ibg nyo po ba sbhn na cheaper ang parts for corollas and exaltas compared sa iba?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Suggestions... 300K Budget