New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OT: normal lang pala ang 7km/L for a 1.6 car? malos maiyak ako sa 6-7km/L on my engine eh. ok na pala yun? i thought i just badly need a tuneup! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have to understand na ang consumo ng oto natin patay sa traffic, expect to lose up to 2-3 km/li dahil sa stop and go.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by aann
    ah ganun ba? e d probably range nlng cgro..para at least may idea ako ng prices nya if i buy..

chka ano yng mga latest na models ng cars na pwde ko i-consider given my budget na 350K max na tlga.

tnx!

for 350k, you can get lucky on some 2001 models, if you find a willing seller. obviously, direct seller lang makakabigay ng ganitong presyo. i just closed a deal on a 2001 car for 360k. i had it checked with someone who knows "technical" stuff (engine, suspension, etc) and he was impressed with the car. parang bago pa raw, 25k km pa lang kasi ang takbo (car was bought late september 2001, so halos 2002 na rin). so i consider myself lucky. i really think you get other great deals like this if you're relentless with your search (i searched all available classifieds everyday for 2 weeks!).

expect though to find 2000 models to be more commonly within your price range. if you go to second hand car lots, expect prices to be in the 400k+ range for a 2000 above model.

for a 1998 model, 350k is more than enough.

good luck!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guy's need you help to decide, if have 300thou budget and someone offer lynx ghia 99 model worth 320K. which is better, buy a bnew; like vios or any sedan type or take the opportunity to get the lynx.

more power for all tsikot member's................

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the first gen lynx is a good buy. I still haven't heard of a major problem from the lynx members of protegetech (cept for the one who fouled up his timing when he installed a KSTC). if you are on a budget - this is the best bang for the buck. though you can still haggle the price IMO.

though comparing it to a new car (like the vios) is really hard to gauge since the price difference is just way too big (they start at around 500K). if you have the money then go for it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Maraming 98-99 na Toyota Corolla GLi (syempre Toyota... ) sa 300-350K range.

Based on www.buyandsellph.com, may year 2000 pa na GSI sa 300-320K.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread on why you should buy a second hand or why should you by a brand new car... Or search the web na lang.

BNEW - less (to absolutely 0) sakit ng ulo sa repairs
    Pre-Owned - possible sakit ng ulo sa repair, esp. if car's history is unknown/questionable

BNEW - mas mahal, isipin mo pa pang-hulog mo sa financing kung nag-down ka lang.
    Pre-Owned - fully paid na (unless pina-finance mo rin, in which case mas mataas pa interest rate kesa bnew)

BNEW - warranty
    Pre-Owned - bahala ka sa buhay mo (unless the dealer gives you 30 days or so)

BNEW - some modifications will void the warranty
    Pre-Owned - mod all you want kung after the warranty period.

etc... wala na ako maisip...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for fuel efficiency.. go for 1.6 mitsu lancer...

my mitsu lancer itlog glxi can go 10-11 km/liter city driving....

ewan ko lang yung mga newer pizzas....
    Last edited by mackvil; January 8th, 2005 at 10:51 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Suggestions... 300K Budget