New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would feel bad seeing a car like that rust in my garage... I say, let your friend have it, or go into partnership on the work... at least you'll get to see her returned to "mint" or at least "good" condition within your lifetime. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't push it if you have doubts. ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Dindo, how would you feel when you see your friend's fully restored your 2002?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right now, prudence is a must IMHO, especially if you have mouths to feed and school tuitions to pay... If i were in your shoes, i'd sell it to someone who's fullya capable of seeing the prject through.

When one door closes, another one opens up.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Patience is a virtue....

I am a family man myself. I have 3 kids. Have 2 cars (2003 & 1998)... until this "project" came into the picture.

I bought a 1978 MB300TD AT. Ok naman state niya but after checking the underchassis... I need to come up around P110T to have everything done... and that's only the underchassis... wala pa loob and some paint retouches.

You can pursue that "project"... but take my word, DON'T SET A TIMETABLE ON WHEN YOU'D BE ABLE TO FINISH ITS FULL RESTORATION. Kasi if you do, yup, you need to rob a bank NOW!

Look at it as a project without any deadline. Kapag may konting extra, restore. Kung wala, konting tiis.

You can make it. DREAM, BELIEVE SURVIVE.... CAR-STRUCK!

:D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by Kobe

You can make it. DREAM, BELIEVE SURVIVE.... CAR-STRUCK!

Natawa ako dito.

Pwede naman may deadline. Mga 2010. Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    my dad has an extra 1966 mercedes that needs about 180,00 pesos to restore. bigay nya sana sa akin. but for that kind of money, i would rather make a nice trailing rig.

he had two and one has been semi-restored by my brother, so at least we have one of the two already.

andy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    luckytruck... nde nya irerestore yung MB??..

just make it a long term project if you really want... otherwise... sell it....

make it run. then make it a rolling project.. pag may pera.. pagawa.. pag wala.. itulog mo na lang.. ehehhe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi mo naman kailangan magmadali. I still have the 1977 W123 stuck in a shed. Yung Ford, almost ten years din bago nasimulan ang restoration. Ganyan lang talaga minsan. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HBOY, we have two identical units kasi na 1966 modle na benz. the first one (yung may sentimental value) is already back with us and running. the 2nd one is still in Cebu and we are deciding what to do with it. wala masyado senti value kasi we just purchased it about 3 years ago.

if anyone is interested to take it off our hands, please drop me a line.

andy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Is it Still Worth Restoring?