New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gentle gentle drop.

For hoods with a damper, you have to push it down from a few inches high with a little force.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Same thing here, I just drop it. Newer cars are so thin, You can actually "feel" it whenever​ you wipe it clean. Older cars are thicker, so are heavier.

Sometimes I say, I like the older ones. Not just thicker metals, thicker paints too.
    Hehe...Old excesses weren't eco-friendly.Slamming hood or putting it down gently?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    drop it like its hot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    w/ some experimentation you can determine the optimum height of the drop. so that you don't drop from an excessive height and thus place too much shock on the components. for most cars it's just around one hand span

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ride with no damper, drop it like the others say.

ride with damper takes a slight swing down but not to slam. takes a little practice to get just the right speed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ride with damper takes a slight swing down but not to slam. takes a little practice to get just the right speed.
    Like some hatchback doors

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Like some hatchback doors
    Yup same thoughts. My car's hood and hatchback door both close properly when you just "drop" it from about a hand span above. If you slam the rear door, it will bounce back up and if you drop the hood from too little a height, it won't latch.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Fiesta's hood is a bit heavy so I cannot just drop it or else it's a loud bang. I let it down gently then drop it with only a few inches left. The FXT's hood has a hydraulic hinge so pulling it up and down is a bit controlled.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it depends, sir.
    some car's hoods lock in place with only a small downward push, after gently setting it down.
    other cars need to have their hoods dropped from about 6 inches above.
    my car had been involved in a frontal before. i have to drop her hood from 1 foot to 1 1/2 feet up. it wakes up the dead, but it's the only way to lock it down. one of these days, kukutingtingin ko siya...

i have all three.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 21st, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    Yup same thoughts. My car's hood and hatchback door both close properly when you just "drop" it from about a hand span above. If you slam the rear door, it will bounce back up and if you drop the hood from too little a height, it won't latch.
    lalo na nung di pa na adjust kai no? ^_^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast