New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    You bought this car because the owner happened to be a friend of a friend,
    the seller promised you the car is fresh and all you have to do is drive it
    but later you found problems that need to be replaced and were never declared and it is costing you a fortune.
    what do you do?
    it happened to me and i need your inputs before i call the owner again.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Did you bring a trusted mechanic when you inspected the car? I've had a bad experience dati, friend ko pa ha, when i declared to him na andaming sira he told me "as-is, where is" daw. Lesson learned na rin ako. Try asking your friend to at least shoulder part of the cost of repairs, that is, if he agrees (which in all likelihood i doubt). At any rate, me lamat na ang pagkakaibigan ninyo pagnagkataon. Basta second hand auto kasi, andaming tricks and deception ang nangyayari. Good luck and congrats any way sa car mo bro.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    huwag mong asahan na ang second hand car ay in perfect condition na kahit galing sa friend mo,,kasi kung sa kanya ay okay or satisfied siya as-is,,pagdating naman sa iyo ay iba din.,and of course kailangan pa rin i check yong car for your safety

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [quote=mazingerZ;978288]Did you bring a trusted mechanic when you inspected the car? I've had a bad experience dati, friend ko pa ha, when i declared to him na andaming sira he told me "as-is, where is" daw. Lesson learned na rin ako. Try asking your friend to at least shoulder part of the cost of repairs, that is, if he agrees (which in all likelihood i doubt). At any rate, me lamat na ang pagkakaibigan ninyo pagnagkataon. Basta second hand auto kasi, andaming tricks and deception ang nangyayari. Good luck and congrats any way sa car mo bro.[/quot

Unfortunately when we bought that car there was no mechanic with us,
    its just purely trust since it was well recommended...naniwala kaming superficials lang ang mga aayusin like the front grill and the emblems.
    after a week, andami pala! not to mention the Main drive pulley which is inayos lang pansamantala, very irresponsible sa safety ng bibili.
    the nerve that yung mga kasama nya ng ibenenta na samin nanghihingi pa ng "for the boys " daw...
    i really dont mind sana kung declared kasi nga kakilala ( daw )...
    now i already spent at least 30k, this is my first car pa naman, i wish wala ng ire-replace pa uli...
    mabuti na lang sabi ng mekaniko, maganda naman daw ang engine and the car as whole so far.

Moral Lesson: magdala ng mekaniko kahit presidente pa ng pilipinas ang nagrecommend ng sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    well.if i was buying a used car, regardless of who the seller just be prepared to fix things on the car. Even if friend mo sya or friends of friends (friendster) dont trust them and yes, the word buyers beware applies. but it doesnt hurt if you can talk to the seller and maybe they can help pay for some things.

I sold my best friend my old car, told him the condition and he has driven it numerous times before selling it to him...when he bought it...the car still worked well..but after a few weeks...the aircon went kaput....so sometimes things will also come out in matter of few hours, days, or weeks.

hope maging okay na car mo sir.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The general rule naman talaga when it comes to buying 2nd hand cars is caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware). It's really up the buyer to assess the condition of the car, and not to rely solely on the seller's word.

Charge to experience na lang.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Caveat emptor bro . . . okay lang yan. At least you will now know the mystery that is to maintain a car hehehe . .

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d_hagibis View Post
    You bought this car because the owner happened to be a friend of a friend,
    the seller promised you the car is fresh and all you have to do is drive it
    but later you found problems that need to be replaced and were never declared and it is costing you a fortune.
    what do you do?
    it happened to me and i need your inputs before i call the owner again.
    bro, you are partly at fault. you did not perform due diligence prior to buying the vehicle. whenever you buy a used car always bring your trusted mechanic to help you inspect the car. it doesn't matter if the vehicle belongs to a relative or a close friend. it's always wise to have the car inspected if you do not know the history of the vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ganyan kami dati, since friend ko nga yun bibilhan namin, I never checked the car thoroughly ayun medyo di pala ganon kaganda condition. well.. charged to experienced na lang. looking back, ok rin na yun ang nakuha namin na car, dahil dun e natuto kami talaga ng proper car maintenance and troubleshooting. kung maayos yun car na nakuha namin nun e di ako matuto ng basic car maintenance man lang.. dati kasi i just drive wala ako paki alam sa internals

pero kung sobrang malala sira, i think you should work out a compromise or something with the previous owner.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kasama yan sa risk ng pagbili ng second hand, kahit na kakilala mo pa yung binilhan mo. ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
sigh!!!