New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Kanebo plas chamois brand at Ace Hardware, Concord, Handyman.
    Thanks so much !!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    3M Chamois Cloth... the best. It doesn't stick like other "rubbery" chamois and it doesn't tear. It's also cloth-like so it doesn't scratch. Mine's two years old and still whole. Although, it doesn't hold as much water as when it was brand new.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    you can also try microtex chamois

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    another question - is it true that filling up my gas tank will result in some spillage?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by laswoosh View Post
    another question - is it true that filling up my gas tank will result in some spillage?
    How do you mean? Filling it up until the nozzle automatically clicks off is the best way to do it. I've seen people trying to fill it up to the brim, which is not correct.

Personally, I add a 2-3 liters after the "click" so that my digital fuel gauge would register a full tank. But I never put gasoline too much so as to see it rise up inside the fuel port.

In all cases, there must be a perfect seal between the fuel tank and the outside. It means that there must be an airtight seal from the gas cap going to the gas tank. While the engine is running, the evap canister sucks in the evaporated fuel and sends it directly to the intake manifold for combustion (computer controlled). During this time, the fuel tank should have a bit of vacuum. Some cars would light up the CEL if this vacuum is lost (meaning, either the fuel tank has a seal problem or the evap canister, etc. needs servicing).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i just finished washing (for the first time) my car and i used water lang and my hand.

nung tapos na, i dried it using AION PLAS CHAMOIS. ok naman.

question, ano pros and cons in using water and hands versus shampoo (with wax) with a 3m scrub?

tsaka when i dried my car using the chamois, i noticed meron mga parang whitish spots sa hood. ano kaya yun?

tsaka sa bandang lower portion ng side nung car, meron mga parang brownish na grasa ata, paano tanggalin yun?

last question, what about the window? is there a different way of washing and drying the window? or same lang as how you wash the body of the car?

thanks so much! noob here

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i just finished washing (for the first time) my car and i used water lang and my hand.

nung tapos na, i dried it using AION PLAS CHAMOIS. ok naman.

question, ano pros and cons in using water and hands versus shampoo (with wax) with a 3m scrub?

tsaka when i dried my car using the chamois, i noticed meron mga parang whitish spots sa hood. ano kaya yun?

tsaka sa bandang lower portion ng side nung car, meron mga parang brownish na grasa ata, paano tanggalin yun?

last question, what about the window? is there a different way of washing and drying the window? or same lang as how you wash the body of the car?

try to use a different chamois and sponge for the windows kung na o-OC ka talaga. hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    hindi na rereset ang digital odometer pag tinaggal/disconnected ang battery
    This depends, on my Lancer 2007 it said on the manual na pag tinanggal ang battery nang sasakyan for 6-8 months, meaning kung wala syang battery for 6-8 months mag rereset ang Odo to 0

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    This depends, on my Lancer 2007 it said on the manual na pag tinanggal ang battery nang sasakyan for 6-8 months, meaning kung wala syang battery for 6-8 months mag rereset ang Odo to 0

meron kasi sigurong built-in capacitor yung mga digital odometer kaya di agad agad na re-reset

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Whitish spot baka me dissolved minerals (kasi sabi mo walang soap only water lang use mo) or "heavy" yung water mo. Kaya me residue na naiwan.

Brownish na grasa? Usually car shampoo natatangal na.

Use car window cleaner para sa windows. Polished+cleaned windows.

Never use cheap basahan/chamois-shammy/planela on your car. Use the better 3m car cleaner and drying rags. Pag tama rag mo, it feels like a rubber material not a cloth material. Less scratches on your top coat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Reality check on car-care myths