New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    To make their intentions known to drivers trailing them while their hazard lights are on during heavy downpour, they can simply turn off the hazard lights and activate the turn signals before making a move. Problem solved.
    Di ako agree dito...... ibig mo bang sabihin everytime na mag-change lane u have turn off your hazzard light? then after u change the lane turn on back the hazzard light? hmmp Ang mas maganda huwag ka ng gumamit ng hazzard light just turn on your headlight or even just your fog lamp is enought. Wala namang problem sa likod mo na di ka makita. Just drive in safe speed kung sa hiway ka naman punta ka na lang sa slow lane para mas safe kasi may mga driver na kahit ang lakas ng ulan ay paspas pa rin sila.... hayaan mo sila sa fast lane.... kung sa lakas ng ulan at zero ang visiblity tumabi ka saka mo i-turn on ang hazzard light... mag relax at kumain ng sitsirya... hehehe huwag kalimutan na mag baon ng bote...baka kasi mapaihi...... hehehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sometimes headlights are not sufficient for us to be visible to other cars,especially in Baguio City, thats why we installed fog lights. if you're cruising below normal speed, I think you are considered to be hazard na.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Experienced driving in coastal road just yesterday northbound. Visibility was at 50m only due to really heavy rain; its pretty hard even to see the brake lights of the cars ahead of me, the hazard light was a bit helpful I guess. Pero if you're driving on a highway with really heavy rain, best thing to do is just to stick to your lane and drive at the minimum speed required.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Use your hazard lights when you pose as a hazard to everybody else in conditions not normally expected.

But when you're driving under heavy rain or in thick fog, there's really no point in telling everybody else with your hazard lights that you're all in the same sh1tty condition and should slow down to increase reaction time.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    look out for deep potholes that can damage your car's wheel or underchassis.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    go along lang sa speed ng traffic.

if its too slow talaga, hazard lights coupled with head lights are ok lalo na kung walang car sa likod mo. this is to give warning to the incoming car/s that there's a hazard. and change lane only when its extremely necessary.

pag sulo mo kalsada at malakas ulan just be very careful and alert lang to be ready for any eventualities.

di pweding medyo inaantok, pagod, o nagkwekwentuhan at gagagamit ng cell. aba'y tabi ka muna kung sakali.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi, just asking about Honda CRV 2002 Model 4x4
    Can you tell me about this car and the price for second hand
    sa palagay nyo ok pa kaya ang 2002 model they used it only for family
    and bihira nilang gamitin, sirain na ba ang ganyan model 2002 sa ngayon
    Please Help!

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    - For cars without ABS: learn "cadence braking" - basically human ABS. ABS/cadence braking will allow you to brake while turning.

- In fog and very poor visibility: make use of your brake lights often (i.e. dab the middle pedal from time to time) to warn people behind you of where your position is. This is MUCH better than hazard lights.

- In fog: do NOT use your high beams. You're just blinding yourself because the dense fog reflects more dazzling light back to your eyes. You're seeing more light but you actually see less of the road in front.

- Be extra-critical of your wipers. I would recommend replacing them NOW if you haven't done so, because we came from a period of hot summer weather that naturally kills rubber, especially if you left the wiper blades sticking to the windshield.

- Once it rains, the moment you have to turn the wipers faster than the "intermittent" setting, open all your external lights. The idea is not so much to be able to see, but to make your presence known to other drivers and road users. With that logic, running park lights without headlights is a half-baked idea.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    if its too slow talaga, hazard lights coupled with head lights are ok lalo na kung walang car sa likod mo. this is to give warning to the incoming car/s that there's a hazard. and change lane only when its extremely necessary.
    Generally this isn't OK, but I know of one exception.

In Germany, part of "autobahn etiquette" is to turn on the hazard lights when you see gridlock or a very slow crawl up ahead and you're driving at, say, 60 km/h or faster. This is to warn drivers behind you that they have to brake for the traffic jam up ahead as well.

That's part of Car and Driver's recent feature: "Eight Rules for Driving the German Autobahn."
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...tobahn_feature

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    A consensus seems to have been reached here since the discussion has shifted from hazard lights to toll booths:

http://bigbigcar.com/boards/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2673

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
rainy tips