The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uh oh...165k na nissan ko....cry...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Syet, 270k's and counting na ko. Baka sumabog na ko anytime. hehehe.
    Napatawa ako d2 ah, di naman siguro sasabog. Recommended lang naman yung pag-dispose or pagpalit ng engine after 180t km. Sa japanese magazine ko nga pala yon nabasa in english text. Alam naman natin standard ng japan.

Pero i doubt if meron kahit isang owner ng car sa japan ang makakaabot ng odo reading nila sa ganito. Normally kasi mga hapon palit lang ng palit ng sasakyan dahil habang naluluma ang car sa kanila tumataas naman ang fees kaya mas mura pa babayaran nila kung bibili na lang sila ng bago kesa to try and keep the old car year by year.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Syet, 270k's and counting na ko. Baka sumabog na ko anytime. hehehe.
    doc mukha malayo nararating mo ha

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    meron ding mga seller na hindi talaga marunong, minsan may tinignan akong 97 corolla, makinis pa nga talaga, bago ang gulong.. odometer 90,XXX km sabi, boss, patayion mo muna, tsaka ko pinabiksan ang hood, silip-silip ng konti.. aba! nakalimutang alisin yung sticker, timing belt change 140, XXX km..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i think i was victimized by frudulent dealers... kasi bag kuha ko sa frontier ki just this june, yung odo was 21k. but wen i had it serviced, pinalitan yung brake pad and they wer not original anymore. also, the odo readout is faded compared to the digital clock. by the way, the unit was from manila and i bought it in cebu

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    P.S. Wag kang magparinig next time kung walang reply kaagad ok? There are many experts posting here and they can help you with proper courtesy on your part. Almost all threads are replied to here, even stupid ones, and since yours isn't anyway, patience is a virtue, as Niky said.
    So where's our thread starter?

Anyhow, since manipulation of the odometer (whether analog or digital) is possible, and apparently widely available, it's better not to rely on the mileage when shopping for a 2nd hand car. Have a trusted mechanic with you when you're going to buy a specific unit and have him take a good luck at the vehicle. Better yet, try sourcing pre-owned units from people you know or at least know of how they maintain their vehicles. There was a topic on whether casa maintained is actually the best way of maintaining one's ride. I would say 'no'. Our trusted mechanics are much better than the greenhorns they have at casa service bays.

And, assuming that the odometer is not tampered, with the traffic in Manila, you could have a low mileage car that was used for quite a few years coz all the owner could drive were a few kilometers a day. And you could have a high mileage car like Niky's that piles on the miles each day. In these instances, could you conclude that the low mileage car is better than the high mileage ride?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Odometer Rollback Or Pitik